Is that anything wrong with my HD100 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old October 18th, 2007, 05:23 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Is that anything wrong with my HD100

Ok. I've done loads of shots with the camera, but recently it start getting the CA. And it's so obvious when the iris is wider then 2.8.
And it get worse in this current project. A purple flare start to appear at the object's edge. When the iris is wider than f2.8.
I am quite sure I didn't get anything like that before, at least not that obvious.
I am shooting with the stock lens. HVD 25P with the Ture Color 3.
Can anyone please tell what this is, is anything wrong with the CCD or the Lens? Many Thanks!!
Here is the picture of the purple flare.
Attached Thumbnails
Is that anything wrong with my HD100-picture-3.png   Is that anything wrong with my HD100-picture-4.png  

Aaron Huang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2007, 06:44 PM   #2
Major Player

Have you checked you rear focus?

on a decent monitor, I know with the HD200 series you also have the white shading feature to reduce this with different lenses.

This lens is pretty CA prone anyway.

Good Luck

Adam
Adam Letch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2007, 07:07 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Huang View Post
Ok. I've done loads of shots with the camera, but recently it start getting the CA. And it's so obvious when the iris is wider then 2.8.

Doesn't look like the CA I have. Esp that first pic.
Brian Luce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2007, 12:20 AM   #4
Major Player

Hi,
I get this on my JVCHD111. Just back off on the zoom a little and it will go away.
Old October 19th, 2007, 08:33 AM   #5
Trustee

Dennis is right.

Remember CA will show on high contrast edges when your at the tele end of your zoom (which you appear to be in these shots). Closing down on the aperture and/or backing off on the zoom, which Dennis mentioned would of helped.

Those blown out highlights againt the darker edges are candidates for CA.
Please note that CA is a problem with a lot of lenses, this is not just a HD100 problem.

Normally, the more $$$ you put into your lens equals less lens aberrations: (Distortion (Geometry), CA - Chromatic Aberration , Astigmatism, Curvature, Spherical Aberration).
Steven Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2007, 08:36 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Thanks Guys. I reshoot the stuff with zoom back up a bit. It did go away. Many thanks. thinking of getting a better lens now. Saw some footage from the 2/3 HD lens, thought i might get one of that to go with this camera. The adaptor might costy tho.
Aaron Huang is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems