jvc GY-HD110u Battery power problem at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old October 22nd, 2007, 03:25 PM   #1
Tourist

jvc GY-HD110u Battery power problem

I just received my jvc gy-hd110u from the manufacturer yesterday. And everything works fine.... except that after charging the battery overnight- The camera doesn't recognize that a battery is there, and no power is travelling from the battery to the camera. The camcorder won't even turn on!

So, I did a few tests, used the battery in another hd110u and it worked... checked to see that the battery was fully charged, it was.... cleaned the heads on both the battery and the camera... they're fine. I tried to power it with a different fully charged battery..... no response, still wouldn't turn on.

So all I can think of is that there is some option I'm missing where the camera tells itself to not accept any power supply from the battery; but I've read and re-read the manual enough to know that this does not exist.

What can I Do? Of course, I can turn the camera on when it's pluggged in, but not when I use battery only.

Can someone help me?!
Jesse Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2007, 03:46 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Rice View Post
I just received my jvc gy-hd110u from the manufacturer yesterday. And everything works fine.... except that after charging the battery overnight- The camera doesn't recognize that a battery is there, and no power is travelling from the battery to the camera. The camcorder won't even turn on!

So, I did a few tests, used the battery in another hd110u and it worked... checked to see that the battery was fully charged, it was.... cleaned the heads on both the battery and the camera... they're fine. I tried to power it with a different fully charged battery..... no response, still wouldn't turn on.

So all I can think of is that there is some option I'm missing where the camera tells itself to not accept any power supply from the battery; but I've read and re-read the manual enough to know that this does not exist.

What can I Do? Of course, I can turn the camera on when it's pluggged in, but not when I use battery only.
I just went out on a shoot and had this happen. Have you had any luck in finding out what's wrong? I've cleaned all the contacts on the camera and the IDX v-mount adapter with no luck. I've even tried the battery that camera with the camera with no luck:(

Matthew
Matthew Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2007, 12:29 PM   #3
Major Player

friend of mine has the same problem. his AB adapter won't work on it, but the regular JVC powere cord works.
Carlos Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2007, 03:24 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I called JVC today to find out what's wrong. The tech said that there is a switch inside between the battery and where you plug in the AC. It's job is to switch the power routing between the battery and AC depending on what your using. Unfortunately, that switch has gotten stuck to the AC position. So this afternoon I shipped off my camera to JVC to be fixed:(

Matthew
Matthew Rogers is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems