DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   HD100/101 Firmware Upgrade (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/107874-hd100-101-firmware-upgrade.html)

Michael Hurley November 13th, 2007 02:00 PM

HD100/101 Firmware Upgrade

Hi Everyone,

As you may or may not be aware, JVC in Europe have released firmware updates for the GY-HD100/101 series, as well as the newer HD110/111 units.

For some reason though, I've been having trouble with getting them to share or play nice with regard to the upgrade for my HD100. Anyone out there had similar problems. I completed the online form some weeks ago, but have not heard back from them. There is a download available online for the HD11x cameras, but owners of the older models must complete the form.

Please let me know your experiences.

Michael.

David Scattergood November 13th, 2007 03:30 PM

Michael - I rang them a couple of times and I advised them that I would give the upgrade a go myself (I own the HD100 and read them the menu version details). I was told therefore that I could upgrade via the JVC website...but as you rightly point out you have to fill a form out for our model (and then enter you S/N again etc)! Soooo...I filled the form out and they recently got back to me (just over a week since completing the form). I passed on the menu version details again and was informed I needed to send the camera in rather than performing this myself (I guess they'll be opening the camera up).

You're then given a number to call from which you'll be given details on how/where to send the camera.
Bad timing at the moment as I have a couple of projects I'm getting my teeth into - the camera will be with them for 10 days, so I'm going to wait a few weeks. Anybody know the score on rentals via JVC in this scenario? It's out of the year warranty now so I guess the original supplier can't assist?
At least the upgrade is free.

I'd be on the phone to them tomorrow Mike especially after your few weeks wait - find out what the delay is (longer delay for Ireland?). I'm sure you'll get it sorted though - phone the service centre directly (the number is on a previous upgrade thread).

Marc Colemont November 13th, 2007 03:57 PM

What are the new features/fixes in the new firmware update?

David Scattergood November 13th, 2007 04:00 PM

Well mine hasn't been upgraded in over a year...the firmware/software is pretty old.
Essentially this upgrade, I am told, will fix the capture splits/breaks in FCP.

Brandon Lindauer November 14th, 2007 08:10 PM

Well, I upgraded my HD100 back in August just after it came out, thinking as well that it would fix the FCP capture breaks. I hate to report it, but no such luck. I don't notice the upgraded firmware changing anything at all. I still have all the same little issues with it. If anyone noticed any changes, I'd b glad to hear what they are.

Richard Todd November 18th, 2007 01:01 AM

Hi Brandon....give us a rundown of what type of capture breaks you are getting and how often? is there anything that can be done?