How to power this camera light? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old December 2nd, 2007, 07:32 PM   #1
Trustee

How to power this camera light?

I wasn't sure where to post this question but since it concerns the HD100 I thought I would start here.
I want to power a 12v camera light from my IDX battery but the D-Tap outputs 14.8v. Any ideas? I looked around for a 14.8v to 12v converter but couldn't find any. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Michael Maier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2007, 09:15 PM   #2
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Maier View Post
I wasn't sure where to post this question but since it concerns the HD100 I thought I would start here.
I want to power a 12v camera light from my IDX battery but the D-Tap outputs 14.8v. Any ideas? I looked around for a 14.8v to 12v converter but couldn't find any. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
No need Michael - 12volt camera lights are designed to run of these batteries, they'll happily accept probably up to 16 volts. The D tap is there to run accessories like camera lights etc.
John Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2007, 04:47 AM   #3
Trustee

Yes, normally that is the case. But not with the light I'm talking about. It needs steady 12v. 14.8v is too much. Is there some sort of converter out there?
Michael Maier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2007, 06:29 PM   #4
Contributor

You'll need a DC to DC converter. In this case it works as a regulator. Most of these things are designed for larger applications like cars.

Something like this might work, or else you could ask your techie to build one for you. 4 amp max (50 watts) so it depends on the output of the globe whether this would work.

http://www.batteryspace.com/index.as...OD&ProdID=2494

Not a sponsor but I don't think it clashes...
John Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2007, 07:03 PM   #5
Trustee

Thanks John. I will check it out. It seems like it could be just the thing.
By the way, does anybody know of a firewire converter that will converter HDV to component or composite and is not a big box or cost an arm and a leg?
Michael Maier is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems