New music video shot on the HD100 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old December 8th, 2007, 09:32 AM   #1
Regular Crew

New music video shot on the HD100

Here's a video that I recently finished, shot on the HD100, edited on FCP.

For now I can only offer the youtube version, but I'll post a QT when my server is back on track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfTqCko-IAE
Nima Taheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2007, 01:07 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nima Taheri View Post
Here's a video that I recently finished, shot on the HD100, edited on FCP.

For now I can only offer the youtube version, but I'll post a QT when my server is back on track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfTqCko-IAE
did you use a 35mm adapter or stock lens?
Coco Bermudez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2007, 10:20 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco Bermudez View Post
did you use a 35mm adapter or stock lens?
I used the stock lense with a polarizer and a gradient filter, and the TC3 scene file.
Nima Taheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2007, 12:05 PM   #4
Major Player

Nima,
Great work.
Do you have other stuff online? There is a lot I need to learn about msuic videos.
Reid Bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2007, 04:16 PM   #5
Major Player

I liked that a lot, and music videos aren't really my thing. I really like your shot composition and how you added cool little touches like the depth of field stuff, quick racks, fun mixer, etc shots. I also like the motion of the camera, it had a nice dreamy hand held quality to it. How was that executed?

The editing was good to - seems like a lot of these videos are all super fast cuts, crazy shallow depth of field shots, snap zooms, whip pans, crazy focus pulls/blurs - after about 45 seconds I just can't take it anymore. Not to say that there not cool things to do but - maybe I'm just getting old - but it's just too much of an ADD pile for me head to sift through. This was really tasteful and lent an air of class to the song, which I dug too.

would love to hear more production details -
Burk Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2007, 04:15 AM   #6
New Boot

Nima,

congratulations on this nice piece of work ! Excellent balance between studio scenes, story scenes and ambient scenes ! Keep up the good work .
Jan Van der Heyden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2007, 06:36 AM   #7
Regular Crew

thanks for the replies guys, appreciate the props.

Burk: I used a steadicam with the HD100 on most of the shots, and other than that it was all on the shoulder/hand held, never on a tripod or mounted anywhere.

i pretty much flew to the US with the camera, the steadicam as luggage and a reflector (and some clothes).

stock lense, mattebox with polarizer and gradient filter, shot everything on tape.

as for other production details, shot all outdoor shots with the TC3 scene file, and the lowlight scene file for the studio shots. All performance shots were shot at 30p with pitched playback, conformed to 23.97 and then edited on FCP. All non-performance shots were shot on 60p and conformed to 23.97.

workflow:
tape-capdvhs-mpeg streamclip-cinema tools-fcp.

yes, alot of videos in the recent times are frantic kinda looking, sometimes too much for the brain to absorbe. I think music videos reflect the mainstream media of the current time, where a lot of information is being processed in shortest amount of time. It's a fast pace modern world. if you count how long each cut is on recent videos on like MTV, then most are shorter than 2 seconds. personally, i think it should depend on the type of music and also the content of the lyrics, whether you go for the "flashy" type of cutting or the more "easy" type. I like both. although i do like to play and emulate the depth of field alot :)

Reid: yes, I do have more stuff online, for the time only on youtube. I'm cutting 4 other videos right now, and will post them as soon as they are finished, but the most recent one is this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKh3iI3rzUs
Nima Taheri is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems