Bajao The last sea Nomads - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old December 11th, 2007, 03:46 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Thank you Eric..

..for the kind words. I am glad that you enjoyed the video.
panos
Panos Bournias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2007, 09:42 AM   #17
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panos Bournias View Post
Paolo, did you finalize the matrix setting for the 251? And do you think that the processor is really a better one?
I fiddled with the 250 for a couple of weeks and there is a configuration for it on my website http://www.paolociccone.com

I can't comment on the quality of the processor but I found the matrix of the HD100 more accurate. The stock matrix of the 200/250 seems to be "skewed" quite a bit and it's further away from the 1:1 target that I had for the TrueColor configuration. After a couple of weeks of trying, using the 28-color ChromaDuMonde, I had to settle for something that is better than stock but that I don't feel is as good as the result that we can get with the HD100. Orthers have confirmed my findings so I'm quite sure that this is accurate.
On the other side, once I received the ChromaDuMonde I checked the values for TrueColor 3 for the HD100 and they were just right, even though I initially designed that scene file with the FrontBox HD chart.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems