JVC HD110 matt box on a budget at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old December 9th, 2007, 09:51 PM   #1
Major Player

JVC HD110 matt box on a budget

Well I starting shooting 24p more and more, and wanting to keep my shutter speed at 1/48th AND want to have a f-2 to f-4 to narrow the depth of field. Of course everyone already knows the ND 2 is only 1/16th. that only gets the aperature open up as much around f-11 on a bright summer day. So I looked around. I found my Cokin P filter holder for my old 35mm Nikon. Ordered an adapter ring for $12 and mounted the Cokin on the end of the stock Funinon 16x lens. I kept my threaded Hoya 82mm UV filter on (the Cokin doesn't have deep enough threads to mount inside the lens). So I can now mount two 4"x4" filters with a rotation polarizer for about $30 all together (without filters). To be honest, if you don't already own a Cokin P Filter holder, get the next size larger (Pro or X) 82mm lens is the maximum that the P filter can mount on. if the lens went any wider I would get vignetting. But here is a pic to see it, assuming I attached the file correctly.
Alex Humphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2007, 09:54 PM   #2
Major Player

here is the pic, zipped jpg

hmmm... lets see if I attached it correctly this time...
Alex Humphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2007, 07:42 PM   #3
New Boot

Hi Alex,

I'm interested in this low budget adapter that you put together, the picture seems to not be attached, can you try again?

Thanks
Federico Aragon is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems