DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   Does Amazon count as a dealer to claim the free battery with new purchase? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/110041-does-amazon-count-dealer-claim-free-battery-new-purchase.html)

Giuseppe Pugliese December 12th, 2007 03:43 AM

Does Amazon count as a dealer to claim the free battery with new purchase?

Does Amazon.com count as a dealer to claim the free battery with new purchase? I would like to buy a brand new hd110 from them, but i would love to get the free battery system, it would be a real bummer if that didn't count, seeing as they are one of the biggest safe place to buy products :-/

Anyone from JVC know the answer?? Thanks in advance.

G.P.

Kit Hannah December 12th, 2007 02:28 PM

As long as they are an authorized retailer to be selling the camera (which I believe they are), then it won't be a problem. You could always buy a nice used one...hint hint

Giuseppe Pugliese December 12th, 2007 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kit Hannah (Post 791264)
As long as they are an authorized retailer to be selling the camera (which I believe they are), then it won't be a problem.

See thats my ultimate question is, are they an actual authorized retailer that i can get the battery rebate from.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kit Hannah (Post 791264)
You could always buy a nice used one...hint hint

hahaah i actually checked up on yours in the classifieds, only problem is, im not really looking to buy at this moment, money is just a little to tight, i have about half of the cash saved up, in another 2 months i should have the money. Just curious, are you selling yours with the IDX batteries?

Kit Hannah December 13th, 2007 03:01 AM

Yup. IDX Batteries included. The whole package, ready to shoot. Everything you see in all of the pictures too, lots of extras.
Kit

Giuseppe Pugliese December 13th, 2007 11:55 PM

bump: Does anyone know for sure yet, or should i just call JVC?? would they know?

Kit Hannah December 14th, 2007 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giuseppe Pugliese (Post 792238)
bump: Does anyone know for sure yet, or should i just call JVC?? would they know?

C'mon man, seriously, would "JVC" know if Amazon was an authorized "JVC" retailer? Think about that for a second......

JVC is not going to sell their merchandise to non authorized retailers. Most companies of that size won't. And I guarantee you that Amazon is not buying it from a middle man, otherwise you would not get the substantial savings. I do see that Amazon has it for about $100 less than B&H, but might I suggest calling some of the other DVinfo sponsors to see what they can offer you instead of going to the flea market? They are the ones who support you being able to post here. Why don't you show them some respect in return.

By the way, Not to speak on Chris' behalf, but Chris does not like people talking about purchasing from sites not sponsoring DVinfo. Go to one of the sponsors and take a look at what they have going on, someone who will actually support your purchase after the sale.

PS: Lock thread?

Giuseppe Pugliese December 15th, 2007 04:40 PM

I assure you i meant no harm in my questions, i had 2 other people ask me the same question, so i figured i would come to the site where i know everyone has all the answers, and thats here. Sorry if that bothered you.

Jack Walker December 16th, 2007 02:28 AM

I am also curious about Amazon.com.

I personally made most of my purchases from the dvinfo.net sponsors.

However, I also purchase from Amazon.com. I don't know why, but they carry items that the major retailers don't carry. Two cases in point, a level for a Gitzo tripod and Heil microphones. There have been others I've noticed.

Amazon also doesn't carry a lot if the items carried by others. But as a matter of curiosity, Amazon's emergence on the pro equipment scene is interesting. They must be authorized dealers of the major companies (JVC, Canon, Sony, Pentax, etc.), but they are so mysteriously hidden behind their webpages, it's hard to say. I have begun to wonder if people are still behind the operation or if the computers have taken over completely, accepting the orders, charging the cards, then spitting out the boxes to the loading platform for UPS and Fedex drivers to pick (and driving through a memory eraser on the way out).

Giuseppe Pugliese January 5th, 2008 02:40 AM

just to update this with info, I contacted amazon and they are NOT an autherized jvc dealer.

Kit Hannah January 5th, 2008 11:41 AM

Well, if they're not, then somebody needs to call JVC and let them know that Amazon is selling their products. People will get dupped into thinking that the rebates and warranties will be good if this the case, but will find out very quickly after their purchase that they cannot redeem them, such as rebates and battery packages. Why not just purchase from B&H or Abelcine?

Jack Walker January 5th, 2008 01:11 PM

Amazon has a small sign on the HD110 that says "Rebate," but no further information that I can find.

I emailed JVC to ask if Amazon was an authorized dealer, and they answered by telling me to call the general JVC phone number. I didn't do that.

However, this should not be a difficult question. Perhaps someone can ask at a show where the JVC reps are.

I have purchased many things from Amazon. Lately a Pentax DSLR and a lens. Both had rebates, and I received them with no problem.

I have never known Amazon to misrepresent anything. (There is a distinction, of course, between items Amazon sells directly and items sold through other caompanies.)

I have made most purchases from DVinfo.net sponsors. (B&H, EVS). However, Amazon sometimes has items the sponsors don't have.

Giuseppe Pugliese January 5th, 2008 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kit Hannah (Post 803115)
Well, if they're not, then somebody needs to call JVC and let them know that Amazon is selling their products. People will get dupped into thinking that the rebates and warranties will be good if this the case, but will find out very quickly after their purchase that they cannot redeem them, such as rebates and battery packages. Why not just purchase from B&H or Abelcine?

I have contacted JVC's non pro service line (the pro is only available on the weekdays) and thats how i got the final word because i wanted to hear it from JVC's mouth. so at the very least the non-pro line is aware as far as that goes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Walker (Post 803171)
At this time it appears that B&H and AbelCine Tech don't carry the JVC HD-110.

Amazon has a small sign on the HD110 that says "Rebate," but no further information that I can find.

I emailed JVC to ask if Amazon was an authorized dealer, and they answered by telling me to call the general JVC phone number. I didn't do that.

However, this should not be a difficult question. Perhaps someone can ask at a show where the JVC reps are.

I have purchased many things from Amazon. Lately a Pentax DSLR and a lens. Both had rebates, and I received them with no problem.

I have never known Amazon to misrepresent anything. (There is a distinction, of course, between items Amazon sells directly and items sold through other caompanies.)

I have made most purchases from DVinfo.net sponsors. (B&H, EVS). However, Amazon sometimes has items the sponsors don't have.

B&H does carry the camera along with ablecine so im not sure where you got that assumption... but yes i have spoken directly with amazon.com and they at first gave me a jvc number, but then i got an email back from amazon.com saying that they looked further into my question and found out they are "NOT" a pro JVC authorized retailer. I think that amazon is only an authorized retailer for non-pro JVC items. Long story short, i think that answered the question for everyone on this topic. I feel bad for anyone who tried to buy pro items from amazon, and then found out that they don't get any rebates or special offers.

Jack Walker January 6th, 2008 05:01 AM

Yes, it's confusing about JVC Pro and Amazon, but you seem to have found the answer. I don't know why Amazon has the word "Rebate" next to the 110... though their is no link to a rebate, which makes sense if there really is no rebate when bought from Amazon.

Yes, I did another search, and the 110 came up this time. ??? It seems B&H has all of them now, 110, 111, 200 and 250.

Giuseppe Pugliese January 6th, 2008 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Walker (Post 803467)
Yes, it's confusing about JVC Pro and Amazon, but you seem to have found the answer. I don't know why Amazon has the word "Rebate" next to the 110... though their is no link to a rebate, which makes sense if there really is no rebate when bought from Amazon.

Yes, I did another search, and the 110 came up this time. ??? It seems B&H has all of them now, 110, 111, 200 and 250.

haha yep, they were hiding from you! By the way the "rebate" everyone keeps seeing on amazon is NOT any rebate from JVC or for the camera, its their shipping method, apparently you get their "Super Saver Shipping". Also mysteriously that little "rebate" logo no longer pops up.

Oh well wasn't going to buy from them anyway, but now i know for sure not to get tempted by their cheapo prices for any "pro" gear. I have a feeling they are not an authorized retailer for any pro gear from any other company as well. I personally would never want to buy from an unauthorized reseller no matter how cheap, i know all to well what happens to rebates and warranties when you do.

I hope this helps a few people who were curious, and i hope it prevents anyone from making a mistake and getting royally screwed when they find out their JVC product wasn't covered for something when they bought it from Amazon.