Paolo Ciccone at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old December 17th, 2007, 02:53 PM   #1
Major Player

Paolo Ciccone

Paolo Cinnone

I just want to thank you for the great things you have done for the
100's/200s

i Just shot a little movie of my wife fixing her trees
i can not beleive the look of these shots using TC v.30 720/30
forget video, it's like looking at a movie on my 50 inch hd tv
all i can say is your a genius.
i like to also say thank you to all you PRO's on
DVi for all your help and advice
You never make people feel Stupid or Dumb you just help

Thank you from a old guy
Joe

Last edited by Joseph A. Benoit; December 18th, 2007 at 12:05 AM.
Joseph A. Benoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2007, 03:18 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I concur.

As someone who doesn't post a lot, but searches and reads a lot, I've learned so much on this board and from these experts. So, yes, to Paolo, and all the creative and technological geniuses on this forum, thank you.

-levi
organicvisual.com
Levi Bethune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2007, 11:01 PM   #3
Trustee

Joseph, Levi. What an unexpected surprise. This is really a great Christmas present, really, I'm touched.

When I got involved in software, in the days of DOS 2.0 and 300 baud modems, I was struggling to understand this new world of computer programming. In those days communicating via BBS was much harder than today but even then I received the help of many people who gave selflessly. That experience continued into my second and third career so I'm just trying to figure things out and at the same time follow the steps of the people who helped me in the past.

I'm really glad that my little contributions helped with your images, it's one of the great pleasures that I have every day to know that so many clips have been shot with TC 3, it's really great.

Thanks again for the kind words, to everybody, Happy Holidays and a great 2008.
Old December 18th, 2007, 06:15 AM   #4
Major Player

Here here.
I have to send my HD100 away over xmas for it's update...fortunately I have a good few hours of lovely looking footage shot under Paulo's TC 3 to edit whilst it's away :)
I've also shot with some of Tim Dashwoods (where the book Tim!) Film Noir (shot in a dark subway it turned out fantastic...very 'La Haine') and Amelie settings - so huge thanks to Tim also.
I often struggle to think where I would be without this forum, I really do. The 'selfless' nature of the experienced contributers is pretty special. Bit of an arduous journey/learning curve but helped immensely by the folks on here.
Hopefully in the new year I can finally post up some footage for your finely honed technical minds to critically devour (positively of course:) )

Thanks all...and have a fine christmas & new year.
David Scattergood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2007, 08:19 AM   #5
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paolo Ciccone View Post
When I got involved in software, in the days of DOS 2.0 and 300 baud modems, I was struggling to understand this new world of computer programming. In those days communicating via BBS was much harder than today.
Oh my, you certainly brought up some distant memories for me there, Paolo. ;-)

I remember when they said we would never go faster than 1200 baud on regular phone lines. And here I sit, typing this on a 6mb DSL connection.

I'm just glad that we can all communicate so easily with each other on a world wide basis these days. Contributions such as yours can be appreciated by many more than would have been possible 25 years ago.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2007, 10:21 AM   #6
Trustee

Yes, the screaming speed of 1200 baud, the thrill of hearing the "squeal" that announced that you were online. I started online communication in Italy where there was, maybe still is today, a telephone monopoly. The phone company "dictated" that only their modems were allowed and the phone jacks were much different than the RJ connectors of the US. At that time you had to open a rather bulky phone outlet in your wall and wire the modem to it yourself. Good times, good times ;)
Old December 18th, 2007, 11:06 AM   #7
Major Player

where can I find a link to TC 3? apparently I am out of the loop, because I have never heard of this before.
Ian Planchon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2007, 12:02 PM   #8
Trustee

TC 3 or TrueColor v.3 is a scene file that I made in 2006 for the HD100. It's aimed at setting the HD100 for a 1:1 capture of images. You can find the configuration and the description of the steps involved in creating it at my website: http://www.paolociccone.com
Old December 18th, 2007, 12:27 PM   #9
Major Player

Yes Paolo, I too not only use your TC v3, and learn from what and how you generously write in these threads, but I also understand more because I have watched some of your tutorial videos (more than once). I did not study video production in school, or anything even remotely related to one part of this passion. And I work long days at getting sawdust in my eyes, which doesn't help much either. I'm 42 now, and going back full time is not an option for me. So I come here, and I read, what you and others write.

Thank you very much for the time you put in here. I owe you a meal at least.
Eric Gulbransen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2007, 02:24 PM   #10
Trustee

Hey Eric, thank you for your kind words. BTW, I saw your post about the Zoerk adapter and the Nikon lens, beautiful images. You don't owe a thing, but, since we are both in the Bay Area, we just need an excuse to set aside a day of shooting with both cameras and end the day with some "shop talk" in front of a good pitcher ;)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems