New GYHD110U Promotion at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old December 19th, 2007, 12:24 PM   #1
Sponsor: TapeWorks Texas

New GYHD110U Promotion

JVC is discontinuing the Anton Bauer AB-TrimpacPKG Promotion and are now offering IDX as their free power solution with the purchase of a new GYHD110U ProHD camcorder.

Starting December 1, 2007 through March 28, 2008, if you purchase a GYHD110U camcorder from an Authorized JVC Reseller, you will receive a Free IDX LE-HD100KIT. This kit includes the IDX V-Mount Adaptor, the VL-2 Dual Battery charger and One E7S 71 watt hour (14.8v, 4.8A/h) battery. IDX's E7S battery will power the GYHD110U for up to 4 hours!

To obtain the promotion, you will need to complete a JVC certificate which you can obtain from your JVC Reseller or download from JVC's website. TapeWorks Texas Inc will provide this certificate at time of purchase. You will also be required to send proof of purchase (invoice) that you purchased your GYHD110U from an Authorized Reseller.

If you have any questions regarding this promotion, contact JVC Professional. TapeWorks Texas Inc is also available to answer any questions as well as provide a customized quotation for your application. Call TapeWorks toll free in the US 866-827-3489.

Best Regards,
Scott Cantrell
TapeWorks Texas Inc - HDVinfo Sponser
866-827-3489
scott@tapeworkstexas.com
Scott Cantrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2007, 01:52 PM   #2
New Boot

Do we have a choice?

Lucky us (my partner in crime and I)! We purchased an HD110U on the 8th - does this mean we get a choice? We had the form filled out and ready to go, but hadn't sent it in yet.

Is one of these systems overtly better than the other? Any owner opinions? 4 hours sounds pretty great - how long did the AB kit get? Of course, we'll do some research on this, but any input here would be great, too.

I've been lurking here for a while, and now that I own a JVC I look forward to contributing to this community. Thanks for all the help so far, even though you didn't know about it.
Joshua Lund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2007, 03:34 PM   #3
Sponsor: TapeWorks Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Lund View Post
Lucky us (my partner in crime and I)! We purchased an HD110U on the 8th - does this mean we get a choice? We had the form filled out and ready to go, but hadn't sent it in yet.

Is one of these systems overtly better than the other? Any owner opinions? 4 hours sounds pretty great - how long did the AB kit get? Of course, we'll do some research on this, but any input here would be great, too.

I've been lurking here for a while, and now that I own a JVC I look forward to contributing to this community. Thanks for all the help so far, even though you didn't know about it.
Josua,
There is not a choice in the promotion. As of December 1, 2007, the AB-TrimpacPKG is not redeemable for the GYHD110U promotion.
The IDX is the only promotion valid now which will include any purchase made after December 1st for a new GYHD110U camcorder from an Authorized Reseller.

JVC states to Please allow 6 to 8 weeks for processing of the promotional item(s) from the time the claim has been received by JVC Professional
Products Company.

I would not say that one pwr solution is overtly better than the other. Both the IDX and the Anton Bauer power solutions work great with JVC's ProHD camcorders. You may want to get feedback from ProHD owners in this forum.
One noticable difference between the two promtotions is the free battery being offered.
The Anton Bauer Tripac14 is a 45Wh battery.
The IDX E7S battery is a 75Wh battery providing longer run time.
Of course, additional batteries with higher WH can be purchased using either solution.

Best Regards,
Scott Cantrell
Scott Cantrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2007, 03:54 PM   #4
New Boot

Well, thanks for letting me know. Its odd, we ordered it on the 8th, and they emailed us the rebate for the AB promotion.
But, I wont complain if I don't have a choice for a longer lasting battery for free. I'm just glad we didn't have to go through the hassle of getting our first one rejected. Thanks again.

EDIT: JVCs HD110u site still only links to the AB promotion. Do you have a link to the new form? Or should I just wait for the official word.

EDIT 2: Okay, the main JVC website has the new promotion listed! The HD110U site itself just hasn't been updated yet. Thanks again - I'm now done in this thread.
Joshua Lund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2007, 04:43 PM   #5
Major Player

Josh,
We have used both Ab and IDX and have found that we like IDX system better. The IDX batteries do very well with the JVC, and they seem to be a bit more cost effective than the AB. Another spare battery (which I highly recommend if you're doing any real shooting) is right around $200, and you can also get the stackable version so you can just add one on top of the other. Pretty handy if you ask me.
Kit Hannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2007, 05:06 PM   #6
Major Player

Ill second that. Ive purchased the E10s to go along with the E7s I purchased, and together they have worked very well, and the price is just right for professional batteries like these.
Alan Ortiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2008, 04:55 PM   #7
Major Player

how long is the actual wait time for the free IDX battery kit to arrive once rebate is sent out? I know it says 6-8 weeks, but some people have said its faster, is that true?
Giuseppe Pugliese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2008, 06:01 PM   #8
Major Player

When we purchased ours, it was less than a week behind the cameras, but my dealer took care of the rebate stuff.
Old January 7th, 2008, 07:26 PM   #9
Major Player

when I ordered my 110, i sent out my rebate the day after my package arrived, I got my IDX kit less than two weeks later. I was pleasantly surprised.

=-D
Carlos Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2008, 09:30 PM   #10
Trustee

Anyone want to trade a Anton/bauer package for a IDX? I orded mine back in october when the anton/bauer promotion was supposed to go to April. The camera was on back order so my distributor did bill me until it came in. Now im going to be stuck with a IDX all my other stuff is anton/Bauer.
Randy Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2008, 10:00 PM   #11
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Johnson View Post
Anyone want to trade a Anton/bauer package for a IDX? I orded mine back in october when the anton/bauer promotion was supposed to go to April. The camera was on back order so my distributor did bill me until it came in. Now im going to be stuck with a IDX all my other stuff is anton/Bauer.
Randy, you should have no problem selling that package in the classifieds. I may even be interested in the next couple of weeks. Shoot me over an email with what you want for it. We prefer IDX over AB because of size and price.
Thanks
Kit
Old January 9th, 2008, 08:10 AM   #12
Trustee

Thanks my dealer said they would work it out.

Randy
Randy Johnson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems