Screen is divided in two when I shoot! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old December 29th, 2007, 06:20 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Screen is divided in two when I shoot!

One half of the image is a yellowish cast while the other half of the image is a magenta color. You can see where the two contrasting colors meet in the middle. I bought my camera used from B and H about four months ago... the camcorder is still under warranty. Does anyone have any idea how I can fix this or if B and H will fix this?
Stephen David Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2007, 10:05 PM   #2
Trustee

sounds like the CCD block is dead. only JVC can change it out so assuming you still have a JVC warranty, contact them about service and send it in to JVC. if its some B&H warranty, its likely thru somebody like MAC which is bad. if this is the case, call the 3rd party warranty provider and set it up to send the camera to JVC directly, otherwise they will try to make the repair, figure out they can't, send it to JVC who will fix it, then send it back to the 3rd party which will send it back to you :( it could literally take close to 2 months for a repair mainly due to the 3rd party warranty & shipping. they will often take 2-3 weeks just to look at it. good luck
Steve Oakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2007, 11:37 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Same thing happened to me. Half was yellow and half was magenta. It happened while running a white balance. Every once in a while i could get it to work but i sent it in for free service from JVC and it came back fine. Took about 3 weeks! Remember not to send in the lens, viewfinder, or mic accessories when sending it back. Just the camera body.

Jon
Jon Snyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2007, 09:08 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Thanks for the info!

Thanks for the information. You wouldn't happen to know if there is a direct line to JVC that I could call for service.
Old December 30th, 2007, 09:46 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Phone Number

I noticed a posting from Tim Dashwood above your posted question listing the best number to reach JVC tech support is 1-800-582-5825 and he also lists a web address. Hope that helps. I have found answers to a lot of my questions by searching this site. Good luck, I use the same camera and am hoping I do not have this issue.
Suzanne Lucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2007, 01:02 PM   #6
Regular Crew

I am worried about the warranty of the camera. I'm going to call B and H on Monday. I have owned this camera for a little over three months and was wondering if anyone had any information about how long B and H warranties their equipment. If not under warranty does anyone know how much it would cost to replace the CCD block?
Old December 30th, 2007, 07:17 PM   #7
Trustee

$952 for the block + a few hundred in labor
Steve Oakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2007, 12:29 PM   #8
Major Player

The same thing happened to my HD100 during an HD shoot.

The left half went magenta, the other half was fine. It was a talking head interview so they just shot the right half to get through it.

My original warranty was going to expire within mere days when it occured.
Couldn't have happened at a better time really. So JVC fixed it free of charge.
Mark Silva is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems