DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   Uploading footage (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/111703-uploading-footage.html)

Sarah Zimmet January 5th, 2008 10:11 PM

Uploading footage

Hi, guys i am shooting a feature film with the JVC HD 110U and now i have the problem of uploading the footage, I have no money to pay for insurence to rent a deck and i don't want to use the camera as a deck.
If i have another camera HD other than JVC HD can I upload with one of this? does it read 24 p. Does every HD camera read 24p?
Please send in some help .
Thank you very much.

Joseph A. Benoit January 5th, 2008 11:44 PM

Hello SARAH
Your shooting 720/24 correct?
How far are you into the Shoot?

you might consider getting a Dr hd100 from B&H
if you have credit you can use bill me later they give you 6 months
before you have to pay anything. this way if your not to far into the project
and using tape you can use the 110 For a deck and finish the rest of the project
on the Dr Hd100 hard drive going direct from the Dr hd100 to your computer
SAy (Vegas M2T FILES ) ( FCP/Q/T FILES)

i HOPE THIS HELPS YOU
jOE

Alessandro Machi January 6th, 2008 08:54 PM

Bill Me Later is kind of sneaky.

They put in writing I had until Jan 1st to pay my bill and avoid all accrued interest charges. I called them on Dec. 29th to do a pay by phone. They closed down at 1PM pacific that day (I called around 1:15 PM) and was told they were not accepting payments until Jan 2. The phone rep admitted to me that another person had complained about the due date not matching the actual date the bank was available to actually process the bill.

If I can't pay my bill after 1PM on Dec. 29th, then why put in writing I have until Jan 1st to pay to avoid interest charges? All I ask, just put in writing the day and the time I can pay to avoid the interest charges. Anyway, I wrote Bill Me Later a letter. They never responded. I called them, they said a rep would call back, rep never did call back.

I'd recommend using American Express with the double the warranty guarantee if you can afford paying off the debt.

Joseph A. Benoit January 6th, 2008 11:56 PM

Hello

sorry to hear of the bad deal with Bill me later

so far i have had no problem
But thanks for the warning
i'll make sure i pay off well in advance of the due date
Joe

Alessandro Machi January 7th, 2008 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joseph A. Benoit (Post 803882)
Hello

sorry to hear of the bad deal with Bill me later

so far i have had no problem
But thanks for the warning
i'll make sure i pay off well in advance of the due date
Joe

I just think if someone gives a due date and in reality it's 2 1/2 days earlier, I think that is sneaky. The best solution is to not cut it as close as I did and avoid the problems that then get created.

Sean Adair January 8th, 2008 07:20 AM

B&H isn't really sneaky, but they do have their own way of doing business. The business is run in accordance with orthodox jewish rules. There are several other NY businesses like this, and we learn the ropes after a few mishaps. They have extended evening hours Sunday through Thursday, but close at 1pm on Fridays and are closed all day Saturday. The Jewish Holidays are also observed strictly. They do give clear notice of hours and advance notice of holidays on the website. Still as a preferred one stop pick up location for gear, I've been caught out forgetting their cycle.

I do think it would be reasonable to have your payment credited for interest though. Just keep trying.

Alessandro Machi January 8th, 2008 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean Adair (Post 804664)
B&H isn't really sneaky, but they do have their own way of doing business. The business is run in accordance with orthodox jewish rules. There are several other NY businesses like this, and we learn the ropes after a few mishaps. They have extended evening hours Sunday through Thursday, but close at 1pm on Fridays and are closed all day Saturday. The Jewish Holidays are also observed strictly. They do give clear notice of hours and advance notice of holidays on the website. Still as a preferred one stop pick up location for gear, I've been caught out forgetting their cycle.

I do think it would be reasonable to have your payment credited for interest though. Just keep trying.

Perhaps we've gone a bit off topic. The bank was apparently accepting payment until 4pm on the east coast but only one 1pm on the west coast.

But getting to the last two sentences of your post, they DID NOT give clear notice as to their final payment time. Telling someone they can payoff a bill until Jan 1st and avoid interest payments when in reality they have to make the payment by dec 29th, 1pm pacific, is........(fill in the blank.)