DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   Counterbalance spring Vision 3 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/112566-counterbalance-spring-vision-3-a.html)

Mikael Widerberg January 17th, 2008 05:24 AM

Counterbalance spring Vision 3

Hi everybody!

Today I got my vision 3 tripod, and it feels realy nice, a huge step up from my Manfrotto/bogen 101 offcourse. I am realy happy with my Vinten, altough I need to change my counterbalance spring no3 because it is to soft for my HD100. I have a extra battery on it that weights a little over 1kg.

My local dealer dont have any at home so I am wondering if anyone nows if spring number 4 is enough, or if I even need spring number 5?

I also got the VZ-Rock-F Varizoom-control for the Fujonon. Exelent feeling.

Stuart Campbell January 17th, 2008 05:37 AM

you'll need number 5. Especially if you start adding matte boxes, filters, radio mics, etc etc.

Mikael Widerberg January 17th, 2008 05:49 AM

Thanks for that Stuart!

Chris Soucy January 17th, 2008 03:42 PM

Hi Mikael......

If you find you're having problems with your Vision 3 head, don't be afraid to contact Vinten Technical Support in the UK.

I had no end of grief getting my Canon A1 to counterbalance properly with the recommended No. 2 spring. I dropped VTS an e - mail and had a parcel on the doorstep a week later with a No. 1, another No. 2 AND a No. 3 spring (all with covers) free, gratis and for absolutely nothing!

Vinten TS is one of the best in the business.

CS

Mikael Widerberg January 17th, 2008 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Soucy (Post 810051)
If you find you're having problems with your Vision 3 head, don't be afraid to contact Vinten Technical Support in the UK.

I had no end of grief getting my Canon A1 to counterbalance properly with the recommended No. 2 spring. I dropped VTS an e - mail and had a parcel on the doorstep a week later with a No. 1, another No. 2 AND a No. 3 spring (all with covers) free, gratis and for absolutely nothing!

Vinten TS is one of the best in the business.

CS

Thats realy good to hear. And offcourse, good service allways payout in the long run.
And what a coincidence, I did the same thing (before I read this post) today. I contacted VTS UK today and sent them an e-mail asking; if I could change my spring number 3 against 5 instead. I haven't got any answer yet, but maybe they are busy at the moment and hopefully I will get an answer tomorrow. I don't count on that they will give me some extra springs for free, like they did for you. But you can always hope ;)

Marc Colemont January 18th, 2008 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stuart Campbell (Post 809770)
you'll need number 5. Especially if you start adding matte boxes, filters, radio mics, etc etc.

Is this 'the' tripod to go for this camera?

Stuart Campbell January 18th, 2008 11:08 AM

I'm sure there are other decent tripods out there for the 'prosumer' market, but I've always used Vinten Visions for most ENG broadcast Documentary applications with my major format cameras. It was the natural choice really when I discovered they also make tripods for the smaller DV type cameras!!.

With a Vinten you can't go wrong. They are beautifully engineered and machined and are pretty much bomb proof.

So to answer your question..........yes. (or you could look at Sachtler, but they are generally more expensive)!