Counterbalance spring Vision 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old January 17th, 2008, 05:24 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Counterbalance spring Vision 3

Hi everybody!

Today I got my vision 3 tripod, and it feels realy nice, a huge step up from my Manfrotto/bogen 101 offcourse. I am realy happy with my Vinten, altough I need to change my counterbalance spring no3 because it is to soft for my HD100. I have a extra battery on it that weights a little over 1kg.

My local dealer dont have any at home so I am wondering if anyone nows if spring number 4 is enough, or if I even need spring number 5?

I also got the VZ-Rock-F Varizoom-control for the Fujonon. Exelent feeling.

Last edited by Mikael Widerberg; January 17th, 2008 at 07:23 PM.
Mikael Widerberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2008, 05:37 AM   #2
Major Player

you'll need number 5. Especially if you start adding matte boxes, filters, radio mics, etc etc.
Stuart Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2008, 05:49 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks for that Stuart!
Old January 17th, 2008, 03:42 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Hi Mikael......

If you find you're having problems with your Vision 3 head, don't be afraid to contact Vinten Technical Support in the UK.

I had no end of grief getting my Canon A1 to counterbalance properly with the recommended No. 2 spring. I dropped VTS an e - mail and had a parcel on the doorstep a week later with a No. 1, another No. 2 AND a No. 3 spring (all with covers) free, gratis and for absolutely nothing!

Vinten TS is one of the best in the business.

CS
Chris Soucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2008, 07:15 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Soucy View Post
If you find you're having problems with your Vision 3 head, don't be afraid to contact Vinten Technical Support in the UK.

I had no end of grief getting my Canon A1 to counterbalance properly with the recommended No. 2 spring. I dropped VTS an e - mail and had a parcel on the doorstep a week later with a No. 1, another No. 2 AND a No. 3 spring (all with covers) free, gratis and for absolutely nothing!

Vinten TS is one of the best in the business.

CS
Thats realy good to hear. And offcourse, good service allways payout in the long run.
And what a coincidence, I did the same thing (before I read this post) today. I contacted VTS UK today and sent them an e-mail asking; if I could change my spring number 3 against 5 instead. I haven't got any answer yet, but maybe they are busy at the moment and hopefully I will get an answer tomorrow. I don't count on that they will give me some extra springs for free, like they did for you. But you can always hope ;)
Old January 18th, 2008, 03:39 AM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart Campbell View Post
you'll need number 5. Especially if you start adding matte boxes, filters, radio mics, etc etc.
Is this 'the' tripod to go for this camera?
Old January 18th, 2008, 11:08 AM   #7
Major Player

I'm sure there are other decent tripods out there for the 'prosumer' market, but I've always used Vinten Visions for most ENG broadcast Documentary applications with my major format cameras. It was the natural choice really when I discovered they also make tripods for the smaller DV type cameras!!.

With a Vinten you can't go wrong. They are beautifully engineered and machined and are pretty much bomb proof.

So to answer your question..........yes. (or you could look at Sachtler, but they are generally more expensive)!
Stuart Campbell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems