Step-By-Step HDV Capture For GY-HD101E? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old January 24th, 2008, 12:06 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Step-By-Step HDV Capture For GY-HD101E?

Hi people,

I was just wondering if somebody could write up a step-by-step guide on how to capture HDV footage from a GY-HD101E without ruining the camera? And if this has already been done (the step-by-step guide), could someone please direct me to it?

Thanks for your time, much appreciated!
John Preston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2008, 12:52 PM   #2
Major Player

Hi John, I'm not sure what your worry about "ruining the camera" is. There is the sticky on the top of this forum that warns you not to connect the firewire with the camera turned on that you should definitely heed. Then, most of us don't like the idea of using our expensive cameras for playback decks, since this does add to operating hours and head wear over time.
Either buy a deck or a DR-HD100 if the latter is an issue.

Regarding capture though, you'll need to be specific for a useful specific answer. The procedure is really platform and editing software specific.

You'll find material on this also in the editing section of this forum under HDV.
Try searching here with your editing software keyword, and there with 720p keyword.
Old January 24th, 2008, 09:35 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Hi John,

Page 7 of the manual says that the recommened time for replacement of all drive heads, belts and rollers etc is 2000 hrs... That does not sound extremely high for me... If you use your camera for playback, this at least halves the drive/drum life of the camera... Do you really want to do that?
Maxene Kuek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2008, 01:27 PM   #4
Major Player

I doubt that anyone really "wants" to use their camera as a deck. The reality is that not everyone has the budget for a deck.

Ben
Ben Lynn is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems