Use of new Sony deck for HD100 footage? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old February 1st, 2008, 08:31 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Use of new Sony deck for HD100 footage?

I've put off purchasing the JVC 50 deck because of numerous complaints I've heard about it, here and elsewhere. So I am just using my HD100 camera for transfers for the time being. But there is a new Sony deck coming out, the HVR-M35, which appears to be able to playback 720 p30 and p24 as well as 1080i, through the component and HD/SDI ports if I understand correctly (but not the Firewire port). Unfortunately I doesn't look like it does 72060p. However, it doesn't have any RS-422. Feeding into an IO HD (which doesn't have Firewire, so I couldn't use FW machine control), would that mean I would have to get some kind of LANC (which the M35 does have) to 422 converter? (And if so, would that be any good?). Or maybe I should just get the JVC Focus Enhancements harddrive recorder and forget tape transfers all together?

Any thoughts? Thanks
Tom Valens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2008, 09:05 PM   #2
Trustee

you can try setting the deck port to DV mode, and using standard FW deck control to run the deck. this can be done with the JVC.

the BR-HD50 has a few quirks between its FW and 422 control. for example, in DV mode, it will assemble edit onto a mini 60 tape, but won't with 422 control. crazy or what ? so if I master a HD program to DV for a local TV station, I have to use the FW port for deck control while using Y/C to send in the down converted HD to tape. should be able to do this via 422.
Steve Oakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2008, 06:18 AM   #3
Major Player

Yeah, you will still need an HD-SDI capture card to grab the HD100 footage from that new Sony deck.
Is it that difficult to make a deck that can play HDV1 and HDV2 formats?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems