DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   DR-HD100 720p60 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/114008-dr-hd100-720p60.html)

Akbar Ukani February 5th, 2008 07:08 AM

DR-HD100 720p60

does anyone know when firestore will be releasing the version 3.0 update to record 720p60 in quicktime format? I have waited a whole 3 weeks for the update to come out, but without any luck....Firestore said they would release it in mid-Jan '08....I have even emailed the support team, but I haven't had a response from them...

Sean Adair February 6th, 2008 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akbar Ukani (Post 820550)
does anyone know when firestore will be releasing the version 3.0 update to record 720p60 in quicktime format? I have waited a whole 3 weeks for the update to come out, but without any luck....Firestore said they would release it in mid-Jan '08....I have even emailed the support team, but I haven't had a response from them...

Honestly, the company seems to be in a bit of organizational disarray. JVC reps at a trade demo talked extensively about this workflow, and promised it well before the end of the year. It was conditional on first getting the FCP upgrade for 60p/50p native editing, but they said it was an easy step from there that would be about 2 weeks....

I did after some trouble get a rep in service to call me before xmas, and they didn't even know about the process - they asked someone else to merely dig up the same press release you saw. The website has lots of outdated info. Meanwhile, the FS-4 has a large rebate - The DR-HD needs a price break even more!

The units are great when they work, but we have one disabled unit at a production company I work with. Hope that can be resolved.

Javier Tabares February 7th, 2008 05:48 AM

im waiting for 50p in quicktime format too.

Ted Ramasola February 7th, 2008 06:41 AM

Akbar,

can the firestore change its frame rate same time you change the camera frame rate? Or do you have to independently set this on the firestore?

I'm looking forward to this solution but don't know much about the firestore.

Ted

Akbar Ukani February 8th, 2008 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ted Ramasola (Post 821873)
Akbar,

can the firestore change its frame rate same time you change the camera frame rate? Or do you have to independently set this on the firestore?

I'm looking forward to this solution but don't know much about the firestore.

Ted

Hi Ted...The firestore automatically recognizes the frame rate that you set within your camera...720p30...720p24...etc....I have the firestore actually hooked up as a "syncro slave"...As a matter of fact, I have even tried setting the camera to record in 720p60 and when I try recording it the firestore drive shows an error when set to record in Quicktime Format...It will record if the HDV format is set to m2t........The only thing you will have to change when recording is whether you want the firestore to record in "DV" or "HDV"..Its quite simple If you ask me....If you select "DV"...you will see different options such as your options for Recording format will be different (raw dv, quicktime, quicktime 24p, avi...)...HDV will give you 2 options (m2t, quicktime)....hope this answers your question

Ted Ramasola February 9th, 2008 01:44 AM

Thanks for your reply Akbar

Thats exactly what i wanted to know.

Ted