DR-HD100 720p60 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old February 5th, 2008, 07:08 AM   #1
Regular Crew

DR-HD100 720p60

does anyone know when firestore will be releasing the version 3.0 update to record 720p60 in quicktime format? I have waited a whole 3 weeks for the update to come out, but without any luck....Firestore said they would release it in mid-Jan '08....I have even emailed the support team, but I haven't had a response from them...
Akbar Ukani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2008, 07:25 AM   #2
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akbar Ukani View Post
does anyone know when firestore will be releasing the version 3.0 update to record 720p60 in quicktime format? I have waited a whole 3 weeks for the update to come out, but without any luck....Firestore said they would release it in mid-Jan '08....I have even emailed the support team, but I haven't had a response from them...
Honestly, the company seems to be in a bit of organizational disarray. JVC reps at a trade demo talked extensively about this workflow, and promised it well before the end of the year. It was conditional on first getting the FCP upgrade for 60p/50p native editing, but they said it was an easy step from there that would be about 2 weeks....

I did after some trouble get a rep in service to call me before xmas, and they didn't even know about the process - they asked someone else to merely dig up the same press release you saw. The website has lots of outdated info. Meanwhile, the FS-4 has a large rebate - The DR-HD needs a price break even more!

The units are great when they work, but we have one disabled unit at a production company I work with. Hope that can be resolved.
Old February 7th, 2008, 05:48 AM   #3
Regular Crew

im waiting for 50p in quicktime format too.
Javier Tabares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2008, 06:41 AM   #4
Trustee

Akbar,

can the firestore change its frame rate same time you change the camera frame rate? Or do you have to independently set this on the firestore?

I'm looking forward to this solution but don't know much about the firestore.

Ted

Last edited by Ted Ramasola; February 7th, 2008 at 06:44 AM. Reason: edited text
Ted Ramasola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2008, 02:10 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Ramasola View Post
Akbar,

can the firestore change its frame rate same time you change the camera frame rate? Or do you have to independently set this on the firestore?

I'm looking forward to this solution but don't know much about the firestore.

Ted
Hi Ted...The firestore automatically recognizes the frame rate that you set within your camera...720p30...720p24...etc....I have the firestore actually hooked up as a "syncro slave"...As a matter of fact, I have even tried setting the camera to record in 720p60 and when I try recording it the firestore drive shows an error when set to record in Quicktime Format...It will record if the HDV format is set to m2t........The only thing you will have to change when recording is whether you want the firestore to record in "DV" or "HDV"..Its quite simple If you ask me....If you select "DV"...you will see different options such as your options for Recording format will be different (raw dv, quicktime, quicktime 24p, avi...)...HDV will give you 2 options (m2t, quicktime)....hope this answers your question
Akbar Ukani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2008, 01:44 AM   #6
Trustee

Thanks for your reply Akbar

Thats exactly what i wanted to know.

Ted
Ted Ramasola is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems