Sweet spot for camera at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old February 7th, 2008, 07:29 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Sweet spot for camera

I'm running the JVC 101e with 13x lense to DR-HD100 recording in OMF for editing on Avid

I have the camera loaded with the truecolourV3 scene profile. I'm finding that the camera produces the most natural look under cool lighting particularly in the skin tones.

I know we will argue this as some people like a cooler look while others prefer a warmer. I've seen to many ccu ops, time and balance cams according to vector and waveform displays only to paint in more red or blue as there eye see's white differently from the operator before.

Just putting this out there for some feedback, I find I'm returning the most natural skin tones and vibrant colours at a hit of 4200k. Many agree as I've shown them the same scene with colour temps at 3200k, 3700k, 4700k, 5600k and 8000k as a comparison.

I wondered if it delivered the same result without the scene profile loaded, so I restored the factory defaults and came to the same conclusion. I think the sweet spot is at 4200k

Has anybody else found there cam to perform better or worse under different colour temps.

Al
Allan Coy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2008, 04:22 PM   #2
Major Player

I prefer warmer colours and generally try and warm thinks up just a fraction using warming cards to get what I want. This is entirely a personal preference. The camera feels very happy around reds and browns, umber and can deliver awesome 'rembrandt" like pictures in this colour range.

Rob
Robert Castiglione is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems