Keeping the firewire cable secured to the camera at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old February 8th, 2008, 11:36 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Keeping the firewire cable secured to the camera

Does anybody have any ideals or tricks to securing the firewire cable to IEEE input of the camera. As users know the input is in the worst place possible for shoulder use i have bumped mine countless times aside from grip tape and creative cord wrapping I have yet to find a good method of securing the cable any suggestions?
David Allen Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2008, 07:57 AM   #2
Major Player

I used the rubber cover which is used on the connectors to hold the FireWire cable with an extra strap.
I included some photo's
Attached Thumbnails
Keeping the firewire cable secured to the camera-firewire-connections1.jpg   Keeping the firewire cable secured to the camera-firewireconnections2.jpg  

Old February 9th, 2008, 08:15 AM   #3
Major Player

what batteries are you using? and do you have any hardware mounts (for wireless, or the hard drive)?

I have the IDX battery setup, and the IDX wireless and hard drive mount, I just took a zip tie and cinched the cable down right in the middle and attatched it to the mount, it seemed to get it out of the way. I will post some pics later...
Ian Planchon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2008, 03:13 PM   #4
Major Player

Hi Ian,

The battery is a Swit 190 Watt V-Lock.
The DR-HD100 and Sennheiser Wireless are attached with Velcro, which works fine and sticks well onto the camera and battery.

For your info, I replaced the powerconnecter of the DR-HD100 with cable and D-tap for secure operation as I experienced some bad contacts before on the fragile consumer powerplug. Internal Hardrive is also upgraded to have over 900 min of HDV recording.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems