JVC’s br-hd50u alternative HDV Deck - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old March 7th, 2008, 12:38 AM   #16
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott R. Smith View Post
A) You are no longer editing long GOP HDV, with all it's problems.
C) The video can be square-pixel instead of anamorphic.
D) You can import into any codec Final cut has to offer (i.e. Prores422)
please tell me what "all its problems" are ? HDV edits just as well as any other format once you get it in. I've had ZERO problems with editing native HDV once its in, including RT FX.

720 HDV _is_ SQUARE PIXEL to begin with. thats what goes to tape, so I don't get your point. DVCpro is rectangular pixels, but at this point in time, given all apps can deal with rectangular pixels including PS, its a moot point.

you can capture FW HDV directly to ProRes. I've been doing it on a G5 2.5ghz machine.
Steve Oakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2008, 08:50 AM   #17
New Boot

We took the plunge last week and bought the Sony GV-HD700 HDV Video Walkman VCR. We absolutely love it.
We are using the fire wire to control the deck. And HDMI to capture both 1080i & 720p footage using BMD’s intensity pro card.

It doesn’t play 720 through the fire wire, only 1080i & DV footage. For the price it was fantastic. I will pay more just to have pro version with RS422 control & 720 up convert to 1080i.

Though we hasn’t try it yet but We you believe it record HDV 1080i from its fire wire port only.
Kim W

(Premire Pro CS3 on XP)
Kim Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2008, 08:25 PM   #18
Trustee

Will it do "Scene detection" through the Firewire?
Randy Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2008, 10:11 PM   #19
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Wang View Post
We took the plunge last week and bought the Sony GV-HD700 HDV Video Walkman VCR. We absolutely love it.
We are using the fire wire to control the deck. And HDMI to capture both 1080i & 720p footage using BMD’s intensity pro card.

It doesn’t play 720 through the fire wire, only 1080i & DV footage. For the price it was fantastic. I will pay more just to have pro version with RS422 control & 720 up convert to 1080i.

Though we hasn’t try it yet but We you believe it record HDV 1080i from its fire wire port only.
Kim W

(Premire Pro CS3 on XP)
Does is play HDV 720p24? I know some of the earlier HDV decks would only play 720p30 out the HDMI or component ports.

Daniel Weber
Daniel Weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2008, 07:50 AM   #20
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Johnson View Post
Will it do "Scene detection" through the Firewire?
I would love to know this as well...

Anyone with this unit please let us know...

Thanks,
Scott
Scott Shama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2008, 10:17 AM   #21
New Boot

We will try both “Scene detection” & 24p playback early next week. All our system is booked all week 24/7.

As soon as we get some down time I’ll try posting the result. So far we loved it.
Kim W
Kim Wang is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems