DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   periodic strobing image (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/115327-periodic-strobing-image.html)

Alan Ortiz February 20th, 2008 04:39 PM

periodic strobing image

I can't find anything about this particular problem anywhere on the net, so im desperately hoping that somehow im doing something wrong and dont have a lemon.

when i first bought the cam, the footage would periodically do this "strobbing" thing where the footage would be playing back fine, and then suddenly look like i had switched to a much lower shutter speed (of course, the image stays the same level of exposure, so its LIKE running at a slower speed, but not.) does this make sense? to understand what im talking about run your cam at 24p 1/48 sec and then switch it to 1/12 or 1/6, but imagine that the image did NOT just get brighter. Okay, so it will do this on tape, and it will do it when recording to laptop, or FS4. So its definately not a tape issue.

the problem is that now its getting more frequent and while at first it didnt really ruin any shots its so unpredictable that i cant keep running the camera wondering if its going to ruin certain shots. Has anyone had the this problem? Do any of the guru's have any experience on this? Tim, Paolo or Carl Hicks? Thanks!

Alan

Alan Ortiz February 21st, 2008 01:20 PM

okay thats funny 100 views and no one has had this problem. maybe its because it was firmware related. just so everyone knows, ive updated the firmware (it was already at the "A" upgrade) using the sticky posted here, and now the problem has disappeared entirely (i hope). I let it run tethered up to dvhscap for 40 min and no weird frame problems at all. ill try it with tape and know for sure then. thanks to everyone who looked!

Justin Ferar February 21st, 2008 01:31 PM

Is this with the 110 or 200 or 250?

I have 2 HD200's- never seen what you are describing.

Alan Ortiz February 21st, 2008 01:57 PM

i have a 100 (now a 101 according to the firmware update). Yeah i dont think anyone has but the firmware update has apparently eliminated the problem entirely. im a happy shooter again. :)

Thomas Weilguny February 26th, 2008 02:01 PM

Are you sure itīs the source footage?

Iīve had a similar problem when capturing with dvhscap that the original (m2t) footage looked good, but on converting seemed to drop to half framerate.
Was hard to reproduce and havenīt really figured out why...

Alan Ortiz February 28th, 2008 08:45 PM

could be- its sorted out now though so not really sure what changed when i upgraded the firmware.

Chris Hurd February 28th, 2008 09:15 PM

Please avoid ambiguous thread titles. Changed from "Anyone seen this...?" to "periodic strobing image."