DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   Help! Jvc Gy Hd Checklist (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/115395-help-jvc-gy-hd-checklist.html)

G. Lee Gordon February 21st, 2008 03:02 PM

Help! Jvc Gy Hd Checklist

Hey everybody I could really use your assistance. I am going to buy my JVC GY HD200 tomorrow and I need to know what to look for in a used camera. Are there an red flags I should be aware of. If you could provide a quick checklist of things to look for I'd really appreciate it.
e.g. 1. Firewire ports
2. Drum hours, etc.

Matt Ryan February 21st, 2008 05:04 PM

Checking the hd200

make sure there are no dead pixels ( white dots in the viewfinder and lcd). Make sure all movable robotics are running smoothly. Make sure it is clean, and has a scratch free lens.

Dont hurry into buying anything! Test it out first if possible.

Jad Meouchy February 21st, 2008 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Ryan (Post 830450)
make sure there are no dead pixels ( white dots in the viewfinder and lcd).

remember there is a pixel compensation routine that you can run on the camera to eliminate dead pixels

Matt Ryan February 22nd, 2008 02:11 AM

hd200 checklist

yeah but sometimes pixel compensation does not work such as in my hd100. Have not had any problems with the 200

Liam Hall February 22nd, 2008 04:18 AM

Make sure you pick one with low mileage - there's plenty around. Also, check the firewire port works. Check all the connections work. Check the lens can detach and attach cleanly - obviously check for scratches, dents and all the usuals and make sure it doesn't have a sticker that says "Property of US Marine Corps". Other than that you should be fine:)

G. Lee Gordon February 22nd, 2008 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liam Hall (Post 830745)
Make sure you pick one with low mileage

What would you consider low mileage? I believe it has 40 drum hours.

Chris Hurd February 22nd, 2008 10:00 AM

40 hours is what I'd call relatively low mileage.

Brian Luce February 22nd, 2008 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G. Lee Gordon (Post 830849)
What would you consider low mileage? I believe it has 40 drum hours.

check that FW port! dv and hdv!

G. Lee Gordon February 22nd, 2008 02:18 PM

I couldn't resist the temptation!!!

Thanks for all of the good advice. Just purchased the camera.
I went in there armed with a page full of notes of questions to ask him about the camera; ready to negotiate... The moment he opened up that pelican case and I saw that JVC GY HD200 I LOST ALL CONTROL. I began to salivate as I immediately said, "I'll take it". I couldn't resist all of the buttons and controls at my fingertips...
I had a prophetic flash of me presenting my academy award speech (thanking all of the little people at DV Info).

He went though some of the functions of the camera and showed me that it was operable. But, he sounded like the teacher from Charlie Brown (wah-wah-wah).

I just hope it works... Wish me luck!