DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   HD 100U XLR jack not working (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/117454-hd-100u-xlr-jack-not-working.html)

David Allen Smith March 20th, 2008 05:31 PM

HD 100U XLR jack not working

Input one works fine. No audio in headset, does not capture audio when recording. I have two units, I am using the factory mikes, both cameras settings are identical.

Brian Luce March 20th, 2008 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Allen Smith (Post 845874)
Only one is out I plug the mike in get nothing any ideals or suggestions? What could have caused this?

What do you mean, "get nothing"? have you tried capturing the footage and playing it back?
And what mic are you using?

David Allen Smith March 20th, 2008 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Luce (Post 845914)
What do you mean, "get nothing"? have you tried capturing the footage and playing it back?
And what mic are you using?

I was a little vague.

Adam Grunseth March 20th, 2008 08:27 PM

Are you sure that phantom power (+48v) is turned on? The mic requires phantom power and without it you won't get anything.

Also, you might want to go into the menu, and look under the AUDIO/MIC section. I have my audio reference level set to -20db and the input i have the on camera mic to set to -60.

Another thing you might want to try is the channel mapping switch (its above the phantom power swithes). If you have the mic plugged into channel 2, but have the switch flipped to channel one, it will just record channel one to both channels..... and if you have nothing plugged into channel one you won't be recording any sound.

Finally, check to see if whatever channel you have the mic plugged into is on auto or manual. If its in manual, make sure its not turned down all the way. If its in auto, try switching it to manual and turning it up.

If you've already tried all these things though and are still not getting sound then I am at a loss of what else to tell you to try. Good luck, and if you get it fixed let us know how you did it.

Ian Planchon March 20th, 2008 09:18 PM

^^^^^^what he said^^^^^

Brian Luce March 21st, 2008 12:52 AM

So you have two cameras and only one records audio? Did you try swapping mics?

David Allen Smith March 21st, 2008 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam Grunseth (Post 845943)
Are you sure that phantom power (+48v) is turned on? The mic requires phantom power and without it you won't get anything.

Also, you might want to go into the menu, and look under the AUDIO/MIC section. I have my audio reference level set to -20db and the input i have the on camera mic to set to -60.

Another thing you might want to try is the channel mapping switch (its above the phantom power swithes). If you have the mic plugged into channel 2, but have the switch flipped to channel one, it will just record channel one to both channels..... and if you have nothing plugged into channel one you won't be recording any sound.

Finally, check to see if whatever channel you have the mic plugged into is on auto or manual. If its in manual, make sure its not turned down all the way. If its in auto, try switching it to manual and turning it up.

If you've already tried all these things though and are still not getting sound then I am at a loss of what else to tell you to try. Good luck, and if you get it fixed let us know how you did it.

I started this morning by again verifying all settings and switches I unplugged everything flipped all switches hooked everything back up powered the camera on and now everything is working fine. I must have flipped a switch somewhere along the way that fixed the problem. I really do appreciate everyones advise this forum and the members are the best I have found. I guess this should be filed as a panic post. Thanks again.