DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   HD110 footage with Letus Extreme and Nikon primes (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/118158-hd110-footage-letus-extreme-nikon-primes.html)

Giuseppe Pugliese March 30th, 2008 06:37 PM

HD110 footage with Letus Extreme and Nikon primes

Here is some test footage with an HD110 and Letus Extreme adapter with Nikon 50mm 1.4 lens and 28mm 3.3

Using true color-3 settings, 24p, detail set to normal, color correction with contrast.

There are some noticeable problems that showed up with the ground glass showing grain. it seems that when shooting on a solid color other than white, you will notice the grain a bit. Yes the Letus was on at all times during the shoot.

RIGHT CLICK AND SELECT (SAVE AS) to download m2t file. File size = 114Mb
www.NewYorkFilmStudios.com/people2.m2t

quicktime link... non-HD www.NewYorkFilmStudios.com/peoplemid.mov <-- loads much faster and has music :)

Let me know what you think please.

Robert Castiglione March 30th, 2008 07:45 PM

Nice shots but is spinning ground glass really for you?

Hi giuseppe,

First let me say that I really really liked the shots you took of some very nice looking people. Colour is great too (thanks Paolo again).

The images look good to me. However, I tried out Letus and other spinning ground glass solutions and came to the conclusion that it was not a good over all solution to using my Nikon 35 lenses. I had the same problems of seeing the patterning on the ground glass. I have tried out the P & S Technik and of course that is a different standard of engineering. A friend of mine uses it all the time and loves it and has done some good work with it. As for me, I do not lust after the P & S Technik (or the Letus which I sold). I am saving up my pennies one day for the Red One which I will use with my still lenses. May that day come soon.

Rob

Alan Ortiz March 30th, 2008 09:06 PM

wow. beautiful. some very natural colors. what did you use for grading? yeah looks like something might be off...my brevis has a lot less visible grain than that.

Giuseppe Pugliese March 31st, 2008 04:08 AM

Thank you for the comments, I have been trying to test as much as possible different lenses and situations with the Letus EX. I find some lighting conditions better than others. Zoom lenses will produce a red haze when zooming. All kinds of weird little things happen, that you just need to learn to work around. When I can, I shoot these clips for you guys. I'm working for a reality show on mtv, so its rare that I get free time to play with my gear.

I personally love this device even if the simple fact is size. It's something you can throw in your camera bag and bring with you to any shoot, if needed.

Every product has its ups and downs. I just like to push the products I own to their limits. I will be ordering and most likely getting the very first Letus HD100 relay lens when it comes out. I will shoot and do tests with that as well, and of course post the footage for you guys to see.

...Could bring back to life some of your HD100's that you've gotten used to and bored of...

Alan Ortiz March 31st, 2008 10:50 AM

...and ill be the first to download the results! especially if it can somehow be mated to my Brevis. And i think it will be a while before I get bored of my HD100- im still growing into it which is all the more satisfying. keep posting footage...really great stuff Giuseppe.