Where can I find a battery belt for GY-HD100U at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old April 9th, 2008, 11:29 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Where can I find a battery belt for GY-HD100U

Where can I find a battery belt for GY-HD100U?
David Allen Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2008, 04:47 PM   #2
Major Player

to power the camera itself? I use a battery belt, but that's only to power my bash light. I think an IDX or AB system would power the camera longer, but if you're adamant about it check out NRG's stuff. That's the manufacturer of my belts. They also make power vests which are probably more comfortable than a belt if you're on the go.
Carlos Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2008, 08:29 PM   #3
Major Player

I say get an IDX or AB. Or a dozen Impact after market batteries ($50 to $75 gets you 50% more power than the stock JVC batteries on average) Then again I hate belts.

my IDX 7s powers my HD110 with phantom mic, LCD open, with lots of zooming for more than 4 or even 5 hours. Going to power my HD100DTE off it as well, but not sure how much that will eat into my battery time. The HD100DTE battery is good for over 3 hours as well if you can believe that! (bigger batter with the 100gig version than the smaller model)
Alex Humphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2008, 03:49 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I would like to buy an AB system but I don't have the money at this time. I have two GY100's and i need longer battery time. It seems feasible that an input identical to the factory min-jack for the camera could be adapted into a battery belt/ or pack with a 7 volt output to power the camera. Is this not possible?
David Allen Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2008, 04:56 PM   #5
Trustee

Try a Bescor belt from BH. They are really heavy as they are lead-acid. But they are pretty reasonably priced.
Michael Maier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2008, 09:00 PM   #6
Major Player

The cost effective way to do it is to buy a battery belt and one of these: http://www.dolgin.net/JVCConverter.htm

Ben
Ben Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2008, 02:27 PM   #7
Trustee

buy cheap, buy it twice.

an A/B plate is $150, that adaptor is $169
get a used charger & hytron 50's. Rathbone has recelleded Hytron 50's upped to 65W for under $140. just find a suitable charger. batteries belts *()(*@#$ !
there is no need to endure the torture of one any longer.
Steve Oakley is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems