Heading to the Czech Republic... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old April 16th, 2008, 07:47 PM   #1
Major Player

Heading to the Czech Republic...

So, I've got a shoot that's taking me overseas (I'm from the US) - I'm excited about it, but am looking for advice from anyone who's familiar with or shot in Prague, Brno...Vienna...that area.

I think I need a smaller rig in addition to my 250 and monster pod, but I'm not sure which camera would be a good compliment to the 250. I've got a Sony HC3, but think there are smaller and better out there...

I'm pretty much following a gentleman around as he searches out his roots. A few interviews, but very much reality style. More interested or most interested perhaps in the story and not so much the cinematography, though who doesn't want it to look good!

I've got two lavs, and a handheld transmitter on the same freq. Not sure I'm ready to haul lights over there. If I'm primarily using the 250, I should look into a light for it perhaps. I don't want to be too big and have to worry too much about gear. I need to be mobile (I think)...

Thanks for thinking with me...
Old April 16th, 2008, 09:02 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Jeff, I am back from NAB this weekend.
Please drop me a mail, and I can help you as much as I can when you are in Vienna (if something goes wrong, consider having a back up 251 camera.

Thanks,

Johnnie
Johnnie Behiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2008, 03:50 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Hello,

i am situated in Czech republic, good to hear about my country on dvinfo.
I also have JVC HD200 - dont worry about the size. If you would like to help with something, drop me an email.

Petr
Petr Bastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2008, 12:05 PM   #4
Major Player

Awesome guys - emails on the way. Thanks for commenting...
Old April 18th, 2008, 01:33 PM   #5
Wrangler

This is another example of why the "Real Names Real People" policy works so well at DV Info Net!
Old April 18th, 2008, 02:15 PM   #6
Regular Crew

travel advisory

Absolutely right, Tim. And of course, if anyone is coming to Zimbabwe... Oh. Yeah. I forgot. We're the world's worst destination this week. Month. Year.

whatever....

If anyone fancies lining up a shoot in the hardest country in the world to make television in, just drop me a line.
Robert Adams is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems