MTF/Nikons/HD200 grabs - Page 2 at

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old May 28th, 2008, 06:43 PM   #16
Major Player
Thanks for that attachment Sean. The top frame of that example image with the white couch, white suit, bright background - and then the guy with the dark suit in the shot TOO is exactly the type of situations I have been struggling with. So far the best I have done is nailed the brightest of the whites, but basically destroyed any blacks.

Thanks brother
Eric Gulbransen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2008, 02:52 AM   #17
Inner Circle
Eric, don't be so sure you've destroyed the blacks, it's often amazing how much you can pull out of the shadows on video cameras, particularly if it's a camera with low noise levels.
Steve Phillipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2008, 07:50 AM   #18
Major Player
here's another post of Tim's discussing the benefits of the using the "wide" scene settings.

There's more on his dvd (shameless plug). This would be very much the same intent as the BBC setup guidelines posted here from how I understand both descriptions.

It really makes sense, but all too frequently, I have either no hand in post, or limited budget to deal with the time of rendering out a long form color correction in post, so go WYSIWYG.
For projects kept under my own wing, and more critical work this is a logical way to go.
Sean Adair - NYC -
JVC GY-HM-700 with 17x5 lens, MacPro 3.2ghz 8-core, 18gb. (JVC HD200 4 sale soon)
Sean Adair is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

Omega Broadcast
(512) 251-7778
Austin, TX

(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

(800) 238-8480
Glendale, CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems