DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   Final Cut Pro 6.0.3 SEARCHING MEDIA problem with JVC PRO HD 110U (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/121027-final-cut-pro-6-0-3-searching-media-problem-jvc-pro-hd-110u.html)

Carlos Ruz May 6th, 2008 09:17 AM

Final Cut Pro 6.0.3 SEARCHING MEDIA problem with JVC PRO HD 110U

The problem, few days ago I capture from tape 720P24 without a problems, I conect my JVC PR HD 110U firewire to my macbook pro intel or my G5 PPC without any probelm, TC in TC out, log clip, batch capture, all well, but last monday I update my FCP from 6.0.2 to 6.0.3 and now NO CAPTURE FROM JVC PRO HD, when I try to capture , the capture window say: SEARCHING FOR MEDIA, no capture video. This is a nigthmare, my FCP projects now in version 6.0.3 and no open in 6.0.2, I need capture aditional material from tape 720P24, my only solution is export EDL to open in 6.0.2 and capture the aditional material for my finish offline. With version 6.0.2 there is no problem with the capture process from deck JVC o Camera JVC. Is the first big problem .

Tim Dashwood May 6th, 2008 09:20 AM

Is the camera in VTR mode? I've been using 6.0.3 since the day the update was issued and haven't noticed any problems with log and capture (besides the HDV audio playing through the mac speakers.)

Carlos Ruz May 6th, 2008 09:46 AM

Searching For Media

The JVC PRO HD 110U is in VTR MODE, I replace Firewire , capture in two different computers , MacBook Pro intel FCP 6.0.3 , Mac G5 PPC 6.0.3 , and in two cases the capture window say : SEARCHING FOR MEDIA, in apple discussion forum there are other people whit this problem, notice that this problem starting after the update from 6.0.2 to 6.0.3. apple link http://discussions.apple.com/thread....4224&tstart=90.

apologize for my bad english. Thanks .

Tim Dashwood May 6th, 2008 09:48 AM

Wow. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I'm using a BR-HD50 with 1.08 firmware without issues, but my tapes were originated on a HD250. I'll test this on a HD100 and get back to you.

Carlos Ruz May 6th, 2008 10:47 AM

Searching For Media

I've only tested with material 720P24, i don't what happened in 30P o r 60i, or other models of JVC, the curiosity is that QUICKTIME PRO capture 720P24 whit firewire, recognize Time code and capture whitout problem, the same thing in iMOVIE but in IMOvie only support for 720P30fps, When I loging clip in FCP , the camera is remote for FCP very well, Fast F, STill,, Play , reverse etc, but when I press CAPTURE, the windows capture appears, I see the image and hear audio, the camera cue for IN POINT, pre roll, etc. and then appears SEARCHING FOR MEDIA, and still in this state for all time , the image still run, audio run, but no capture. The setup is 720P24 HDV. Last time who I capture material my version of FCP was 6.0.2 without problems, about 12 hours of 720P24 from tape, but after the update 6.0.3 starting this issue, the only thing who change in my configuration is the FCP 6.0.3 update.

Scott Erlinder May 6th, 2008 04:39 PM

Final Cut 6.0.3 JVC BRHD-50

We're having the same problem here and tried everything I could think of. We resorted to trying to use iMovie to digitize. I sure hope JVC knows about this. We own 15 cameras and 10 decks...I sometimes hate HDV.

Tim Dashwood May 6th, 2008 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Erlinder (Post 873112)
I sure hope JVC knows about this.

I hope APPLE knows about this. Apparently the problem is also affecting Canon's 24F.

Shaun Roemich May 6th, 2008 06:39 PM

24P only?

Is this capture issue under FCP 6.0.3 for 24P only or does the update kill all HD110/200/250 capture?

Carlos Ruz May 6th, 2008 08:28 PM

The Searching For Media Odyssey

Uffff, I need vacation, well, at this moment we are Downgrade from FInal Cut Pro 6.0.3 to 6.0, in FCP 6.0.2, the same problem, SEARCHING FOR MEDIA, but capture, o yeah , capture, but with any problems of broken frames, I try to explained, is like FCP "EATING" frames, and SEARCHING FOR MEDIA is present during capture. , then, at the moment of play the clip , the clip is cut and are missing seconds, is not a continue capture. I think who the solution is reinstall not only FCP also reinstall System 10.5.2, reinstall Quicktime to early version before to FCP 6.0.3 update and try to capture again, I´m no tested 720P30 or 60i, my problem now is capture 720P24 MATERIAL for ending my offline editing. Maybe tomorrow tested in other format. Well, I think who this Issue is the BIG ISSUE OF THE YEAR, Looks like a Windows System, is a nigthmare, I think that the problem is the HDV CODEC who is updated in the FCP 6.0.3 , when I tray to reinstall the early version , the system say: A NEWER VERSION IS INSTALLED and the old install , obviously , don´t install anything. Another question , where is FCP update 6.0.1??????, there is not in the apple support. Well, this UPDATE ODYSSEY , is the demonstration for the most simply lesson in the digital world, ALWAYS BUCK UP THE UPDATERS, and, NOT INSTALL UPDATE WITH OUT CHECKING THAT THE UPDATE IS 100% SECURE . Tomorrow a new report. Good Night . Chao.

Carlos Ruz May 6th, 2008 11:26 PM

The SEARCHING FOR MEDIA FINAL REPORT

Hi, is 1:15 AM, we going for beer and cheese , and this is the final report, finally reinstall Final cut Studio 2, FCP 6.0, and, oh my god!! I can capture from JVC PRO HD 110U , 720P24, all my team are very and extremely and violent happy, finally we can finish the offline editing for our client to Saturday , but we lost a lot of time in the process , We capture the additional material in a batch capture, at this moment one of our Macs are capture the material from tape, and the SEARCHING FOR MEDIA is only a bad dream. For a while. WE NO UPDATE ANYTHING, I´m working whit the final cut studio 2.

I HOPE APPLE AND JVC working together for resolved the SEARCHING FOR MEDIA, we work with apple machines and software from 2000 and is the first time we have a problem like this. Saludos Totales.

Carlos Ruz May 7th, 2008 03:53 PM

I answer to my self

Well, finally we downgrade all system to FCP 6.0, my installer disc of Final CUt Studio are 6.0 , and the way to transfer Projects from FCP 6.0.3 to 6.0 is XML. Export XML from FCP 6.0.3 and then import XML in FCP 6.0, and capture aditional material from tape PROHD 720P24. Good Nigth.

We´re still for the APPLE/JVC/CANON/PANASONIC/SONY Solution. I still for ONE WORLD , ONE CODEC, please.

Jim Lucas May 8th, 2008 02:38 PM

Is this only with 24P? I did a capture two days ago at 30p and had no problems. Well no problems after a reboot and drive swap to stop the dropped frames and unnecessary clip breaks. But after that it worked fine.

Carlos Ruz May 8th, 2008 07:12 PM

Searching For Media

I don´t test the problem with 30P o 60i JVC PRO HD, the format in my project is in 24FPS ´cause I mixed footage from XL2 24PA and JVC PRO HD 24, but friend of us is working with 24f Canon and He experimented the same problem but in a little clips. At this moment 2 Macs was downgrade to FCP 6.0 and working well.

Be in contact.

Carlos Ruz May 13th, 2008 01:22 PM

Final reflexion for searching media issue

Hi, finally I have decide to downgrade all , the Final Cut Pro from 6.0.3 to 6.0.2, Quicktime from 7.4.1 to 7.3.1, and now I can capture from 720P@24 tapes. I suppose that the problem is the new quicktime apple HDV codec, when I downgrade from FCP 6.0.3 to 6.0.2 the SEARCHING FOR MEDIA ISSUE continues only when I downgrade Quicktime from 7.4.1 to 7.3.1 the issue was a minor presence during capture process . Obviously , I formated the Mac from Installation disc. I´m waiting for the ONE WORLD ONE CODEC.

Marc Colemont May 13th, 2008 02:18 PM

That's why I use the Cineform Codec, It cross-reads in both MAC and XP environments