Ok, folks - 24P question here - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old May 22nd, 2008, 12:10 PM   #46
Inner Circle

Location: Vancouver, British Columbia (formerly Winnipeg, Manitoba) Canada
As well, I'm a bigger fan of 4:2:0 colour space over 4:1:1 after 11 years of shooting DV/DVCam.
Old May 22nd, 2008, 12:46 PM   #47
Regular Crew

I have to agree that shooting HDV on the JVC looks much better than SD. Perhaps the combination of 709 color space, 4:2:0 compression and the obvious 1280x720 vs. 720x480 accounts for this. More resolution, more latitude, better color fidelity, etc.
Todd Norris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2009, 08:07 AM   #48
Major Player

has anyone else reseen their 24p footage on a 120hz monitor?

I just watched part of a spider man movie at the store, ( i live in the sticks.. have to drive to the next county to see a good HDTV). and i was watching the new Sony XBR9 32" 120hz set with the motion gizmos off. Just the 120hz. WOW! I mean WOW for 24p motion. It was like being in the theater. I checked the techno video HDTV forums and it was well liked, but most people keep their motion smoothing hardware OFF on the TV as well. The big thing it was 120 hz. I might have to get one this month.

I guess my point was, on film based movies (spider man in this case) it also exhibited the juddering strobing effect on medium speed pans that you do not see at the theater because most LCD's are 60 hz. The 120 panels refresh in sequence with the 24p much better and that strobing effect was not evident.

So if you check out one of the new 120hz, watch a HD movie and also try switching the motion smoothing garbage off. Apparently it goes toooo far and can result in electronic double images, according to other forums.
Alex Humphrey is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems