Questions about truecolor settings at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old June 20th, 2008, 05:36 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Questions about truecolor settings

Hi,
I'm using the true color settings on a jvc hd200 but when I shoot at max zoom I have a lot of chromatic abberations.
Is that normal or not?
Can you post me the last version of the truecolor (3.0 I suppose)?
Thank You,
Marco.
Marco Maiello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2008, 01:27 AM   #2
Major Player

The CA of your lens has nothing to do with the true color settings scene.
At the stock-lens one should avoid Iris no less then F2.
On your HD200 you can adjust in your menu a little bit of the CA through the 'shader' settings. Do the adjustment at the F4 stop at a uniform grey background.
Old June 21st, 2008, 04:14 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Thank you for the suggestion but can you explain me how can I correct the shader setting? and can someone give me the last true color settings please?
Old June 21st, 2008, 09:25 AM   #4
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco Maiello View Post
Thank you for the suggestion but can you explain me how can I correct the shader setting? and can someone give me the last true color settings please?
All the scene file settings are collected in the stickies at the top of the forum. I don't think Paulo submitted a webpage for a HD200 version of TC3 but I also created a HD200 Chroma DuMonde 28 calibration called "DSC CDM28." It won't be as vibrant as Paulo's but should be correct for direct to broadcast.

The White Shading adjustment won't affect the colour fringing you are seeing on the long end of the zoom but will balance out any magenta or green tones you see at the top and bottom of your image. Once you set a value for your lens you shouldn't have to set it again. As Marc said set your aperture to ƒ4 and point the camera at a white or gray flat surface. Then adjust the Green White shading parameter until there is no visible green or magenta at the top/bottom of the image.
Old June 21st, 2008, 04:53 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Thank you very much Tim i'm going to try!
Old June 22nd, 2008, 08:18 AM   #6
Trustee

Hi Marco.
The latest version of all my config files are at my website: http://paolociccone.com/blog
TrueColor for the HD200 has no version 3.0, 3.0 is for the HD100, the HD200/250 model had just a minor revision from the original. Anyway, you can find it at the website and like others have mentioned, CA is a property of the lens not the config file.

Buona fortuna!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems