DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   Can I record to my DR-HD100 from BR-HD50? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/125260-can-i-record-my-dr-hd100-br-hd50.html)

Ben Chace July 3rd, 2008 11:11 AM

Can I record to my DR-HD100 from BR-HD50?

Hi everybody,

its been awhile since I last posted. Hope everyone's well. Here is my question: I am going to be using my BR-HD50 to record a back up of a live event being shot on HDCam. They are recording to HDCam tapes and doing a live edit of 4 cameras through a video switcher for the live projection of the event on the screen at the arena. I am in charge getting the event ready for the webcast, and will be receiving a downconverted SD signal of their switcher edit, which I was planning on using my BR-HD50 to record onto DV tapes, which I would then digitize and compress for the web. In the interest of time I was wondering if it would be possible to hook up my DR-HD100 to the BR-HD50 deck and record a QTs of the same signal simultaneously (coming into the deck via Component in)?

Does anyone know whether that is possible?

Another option is using my gyHD100 camera component in, with the DR HD100 recording from its firewire.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Ben Chace

Mark Silva July 3rd, 2008 01:32 PM

not sure on the disk recorder, but if its just an SD signal recording DV, it should
work. It would not work in HDV though because there is no HDV encoder onboard
the BRHD50, just a decoder.

Component on the cameras and deck are output only.

composite, dv are input options.

Tim Dashwood July 3rd, 2008 01:35 PM

I concur with Mark. Your best bet would by S-Video from the switcher. Put the DR-HD100 in DV recorder mode, set your format (avi, quicktime, etc.) and you're ready to roll.

Ben Chace July 3rd, 2008 02:20 PM

Thanks guys. That's what I'll do.

PEACE
Ben

John Sirb July 3rd, 2008 09:47 PM

I was just thnking about a similar idea tonight. is it possible to play tapes recorded on the 200 and record to the HD100. I have 18 hours of a training that I recorded on tape while my HD100 was in repair. hate to tie up the edit system if could avoid it

Mark Silva July 3rd, 2008 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Sirb (Post 902981)
I was just thnking about a similar idea tonight. is it possible to play tapes recorded on the 200 and record to the HD100. I have 18 hours of a training that I recorded on tape while my HD100 was in repair. hate to tie up the edit system if could avoid it

do you mean making tape clones between a 200 and a 100?

that should work, you can even do timecode accurate tape clones of 24p recordings.

Marc Colemont July 4th, 2008 06:49 AM

Yes it works. The DR-HD100 has two ports. On the DV (+HDV) port Video devices can be hooked up. I have copied video this way to several devices already camnera's and Digital Video Recorders.
The DR-HD100 behaves 100% like a digital video recorder.

John Sirb July 4th, 2008 09:19 AM

Thanks Mark...and Marc :>)

is the drive left in JVC mode or is it changed to something else ( I actually did bring out the manual on this, but I must be missing it)

Marc Colemont July 4th, 2008 02:39 PM

You can use the normal deck controls on the back of the DR-HD100. The JVC mode doesn't change that.