HD-250/Steadicam Questions at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old July 13th, 2008, 05:28 AM   #1
New Boot

HD-250/Steadicam Questions

I just got back from Peter Abraham's 2 day flyer school and I have a couple questions in regard to my cam and the flyer. First, to feed the flyer moniter do I need to come out of the componite video out or can I use the bnc connections Sdi or YRb bnc connections on back.
Secondly, I am looking for a good wireless rf monitering system for my cam (transmitter and Monitor suggestions are welcome) and if I am feeding the flyer monitor, how do I output to rf transmitter.
Thanks
Mark Cowherd
GY HD-250CH/17x lense/STEADICAM FLYER LE!
Mark Cowherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2008, 06:43 AM   #2
Regular Crew

You will need to feed a standard definition composite image into the Flyer monitor (assuming you are using the standard monitor on the Flyer). Therefore set your video out put in the menu for that and take a video out put from the top RCA output to the steadicam.

I use the HD 111E which only has one video output, this causes an issue with feeding a second output for the transmitter or director's monitor. I had to fit a small VDA and used the Flyer camera power output to power it. I'm unsure if you can get a second suitable video out from any of the extra outputs on the 250, which would negate the need for a VDA.

I use these transmitters with the optional Ant-W5dB high gain antennas.
http://www.allthings.com.au/Catalogu...%20set%204.htm
They're about the size of a match box and run okay with power from the D Tap on the V Lock battery bracket.

If you are interested there are some pics of my Flyer and camera set up with Mini 35 and Bartech BFD wireless focus here http://www.steadi-onfilms.com.au/steadicam_flyer.html
Phil Balsdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2008, 01:39 PM   #3
New Boot

Thanks for the info
Mark Cowherd is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems