DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   JVC GY-HD200 and Final Cut (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/125913-jvc-gy-hd200-final-cut.html)

Jason McCormy July 14th, 2008 07:51 AM

JVC GY-HD200 and Final Cut

I have been unable to get Final Cut to recognize this camera. I don't have any trouble with PC based editors, even when running Windows in boot camp. Does anyone else have this experience?

Shaun Roemich July 14th, 2008 08:24 AM

I'm using FCP 6.0.3 and an HD200U with the "B" update (which includes the newest firmware). I have my own set of issues (regarding capture) but FCP has found the camera.

Which version of FCP are you running and what version of the firmware do you have on the camera?

As well, are you shooting HDV or DV? This may make a difference. Is the HDV/DV switch on the tape door side of the camera set to the correct setting?

Jason McCormy July 14th, 2008 01:02 PM

I'm using HD and the switch is set to that. I've had no problem having it recognized by Avid and Vegas when I run bootcamp on the same machine. Final Cut is Studio 2, the latest version and updates.

Thank you very much for your help.

Teresa Brown October 19th, 2008 01:53 PM

I'm considering purchasing this same camera to use with Final Cut Studio - capturing in HD. Did you get this issue worked out?

Dennis Robinson October 21st, 2008 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teresa Brown (Post 953063)
I'm considering purchasing this same camera to use with Final Cut Studio - capturing in HD. Did you get this issue worked out?

Don't worry Teresa,
Many of us don't have these issues at all.

Phil Balsdon October 21st, 2008 04:25 PM

I've seen posts about this problem more frequently lately. Just wondering what version of Quicktime you are using Jason? Is it the new 7.5 update which seems to have created problems in various different FCP scenarios. (7.5 was apparently released with iPod and iPhone priorities in mind).

As you are not having problems with other NLEs I assume your Firewire port is fine. Also assuming you are following the procedure to the letter.

Turn off computer and camera.
Connect firewire cable.
Turn on computer.
Turn on camera and set to VTR mode.
Open FCP.

David Chapman November 1st, 2008 04:11 PM

I have found that Final Cut 6 gets unfamiliar people into a bit of trouble sometimes with the easy setup. Make sure you have closed all projects and choose a new easy setup from the FC menu. Also, make sure you have shot in hdv-hd30p or hdv-hd24p. I had a client accidentally shoot hdv-sd60p and he was having the same issues...

Shaun Roemich November 2nd, 2008 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason McCormy (Post 907221)
Final Cut is Studio 2, the latest version and updates.

Sorry I didn't catch this earlier:

Latest Version and all the updates ACTUALLY doesn't tell us what we need to know. There is a different upgrade/version number for OS 10.4 equipped systems and for 10.5 systems. I'm using FCP6.0.3 on an OS 10.4.11 with QT7.4.5