DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   Where to sell my GY-HD100??? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/126102-where-sell-my-gy-hd100.html)

Matt Ecklund July 16th, 2008 06:11 PM

Where to sell my GY-HD100???

Dear members of DVinfo,

Let me begin by saying that I've never before found such a welcoming, committed and informed community of technology users in my life. The insights you've given me about the ProHD line of cameras and the software used to edit their superior images has been hugely beneficial and insightful. I thank you for the fast replies and thoughtful answers you've given me on my few postings and the countless questions and responses of of others about this camera. Your help will be surely missed.

After just over a year of ownership of my HD100A and after much deliberation, I've finally decided to let mine go. The camera is beautiful and capable of producing amazing images, but I don't feel I'm really getting the best use out of such a wonderful piece of technology. The editing troubles I've faced with an early version of FCP, a program which I'm unfortunately unable to update right now, have played a role in my decision to sell my camera. Also, the size and form factor has limited my ability to shoot "run-and-gun" spontaneously, therefore limiting my creative output. For these reasons I have decided that giving mine up is the best idea, but I now have a number of questions pertaining to the who, wheres, and hows of its sale, and so I turn to the best for my answers.

I'm not really sure how much the camera is worth in today's market. It has about 170 hours on the heads and really hasn't been used a great deal, aside from a few small projects. It has the original lens and the Anton Bauer battery pack. I would be selling it with my Bogen 501 fluid head and my Pelican 1510 case with custom foam inserts that snugly hold the camera, lens, upgraded battery, microphone and viewfinder. The case is small enough to fit on an overhead carry-on compartment on an airplane. I was hoping for $3000. Also where is the best place to sell it? I know DVinfo has specific places to do this (please forgive me if I've misplaced or misaddressed this question) but I cannot recall where. I live in Minnesota if anyone is interested locally.

Many thanks,
Matt Ecklund

mecklund@comcast.net

Chris Hurd July 16th, 2008 06:26 PM

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your kind remarks concerning our community.

Try listing your camera for sale in our Private Classifieds forum.

You can search through there to get an idea of what the price should be.

Chris Davis July 16th, 2008 07:17 PM

Hi Matt,

I'm also in Minnesota. I recently purchased a used HD100U from a member of this board. It had 93 hours on the head, came with all original accessories including the box, plus had the Anton bauer battery system. I paid $3k. Your setup has more hours (but not much) and includes case and tripod, so you certainly should get $3k.

I wish I needed another HD100U, but one is enough for me.

Jim Andrada July 16th, 2008 11:26 PM

Hi Matt,

I'm not in the market for another JVC (sorry) but was intrigued by your mention of custom foam inserts for the Pelican case. Did you cut them yourself?

Matt Ecklund July 17th, 2008 08:57 AM

Jim-

The foam inserts come with the case. They are basically little foam cubes, about the size of a penny, which can be removed to fit the form of any camera.

Jim Andrada July 17th, 2008 09:12 AM

Matt

Thanks much. I have similar foam in the cases I use for my sound and video stuff. I know that Storm cases have an option for solid foam that can be cut to exact shape with an electric knife and thought that you might have been referring to something like this.

Thanks again and best of luck selling the camera. Great camera but I understand some of the things that are pushing you to sell it.

Mark Silva July 17th, 2008 10:14 AM

Chris why did you delete my friendly advice/post about putting it on ebay?