"ClipWrap" m2t to Quicktime HDV wrapper NOW AVAILABLE! - Page 5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old September 24th, 2008, 06:07 AM   #61
Major Player

Hi Mike,

I wanted to know if your close to putting out a update that can handle large 1hr file. It would be good if you could get it to fix the time code.

I am finding this software no good if i am capturing a full tape , with multible takes.

Rob.

HD101/G5 Mac/4gig Ram/1TB HDD/30" Cinema Display/FCP.
Robert Bale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2008, 07:59 AM   #62
Inner Circle

Out of curiosity, can ClipWrap work in reverse to convert Quicktime HD files to standard M2T format for transfer to a PC?
Kevin Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2008, 01:19 PM   #63
Major Player

Hi Robert,

I also have this issue. I have many tapes that I have captured using dvhscap and are now huge 8gig files. Clipwrap doesn't seem to want to deal with these. When I hit convert clipwrap seems to stop processing at around the 20% and 70% mark. Unfortunately I tested Clipwrap some files created on my Firestore which it handled effortlessly.

Mike it would be great if this could be fixed in an update, any news?

Greg
Greg Corke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2008, 02:33 PM   #64
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Shaw View Post
Out of curiosity, can ClipWrap work in reverse to convert Quicktime HD files to standard M2T format for transfer to a PC?
Compressor does this very nicely.

Daniel Weber
Daniel Weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2008, 02:41 PM   #65
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Weber View Post
Compressor does this very nicely.

Daniel Weber
Thanks Daniel. Someone told me he was having trouble doing this, so I don't know what the problem was there - unless it had something to do with using a Matrox card on the PC.
Kevin Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2008, 05:08 PM   #66
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Corke View Post
Hi Robert,

I also have this issue. I have many tapes that I have captured using dvhscap and are now huge 8gig files. Clipwrap doesn't seem to want to deal with these. When I hit convert clipwrap seems to stop processing at around the 20% and 70% mark. Unfortunately I tested Clipwrap some files created on my Firestore which it handled effortlessly.

Mike it would be great if this could be fixed in an update, any news?

Greg
Hi Greg, i am looking at getting either the New FS-5, or the JVC MR-HD100, so r u saying that when u use the firestore drive files (mt2) and convert them to QT with Clipwrap it works fine. Even if your capturing a long edit, or say 1hr ?
Rob.

Old September 25th, 2008, 03:29 PM   #67
Major Player

Hi Robert,

Clip wrap seems to work fine on the short files from my firestore although none of these are longer than two or three minutes. However, I have footage on tape which after capturing with dvhscap are huge 8gig files which I can't seem to get clipwrap to convert. I really hope they sort this out soon.

Greg
Greg Corke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2008, 12:15 PM   #68
New Boot

I originally bought clipwrap because I was having problems capturing HDV with FCP. Whenever there was any sort of dropout/tape abnormality FCP would break what should have been one coniuios 1 hour file into many ifles and missing setcions of video that I could not for the life of me capture.

I do have to digitize my footage using DVHSCap as a m2t file then use clipwrap to make it a useable QT file for FCP editing.

Soemwhere in the process my audio shifts. Not sure what program is doing it but when I import my QT into FCP and put it on the time line my audio is shifted. I have checked for drop/non drop frame issues and have not come up with why my audio shifts. The audio is fin at the begining of the cip but by the end is off by a few seconds. So, sounds like a drop frame issues, but how do I fix this and has anyone else seen anything like this and know the solution???
Steven Plaisance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2008, 04:50 AM   #69
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Plaisance View Post
I originally bought clipwrap because I was having problems capturing HDV with FCP. Whenever there was any sort of dropout/tape abnormality FCP would break what should have been one coniuios 1 hour file into many ifles and missing setcions of video that I could not for the life of me capture.

I do have to digitize my footage using DVHSCap as a m2t file then use clipwrap to make it a useable QT file for FCP editing.

Soemwhere in the process my audio shifts. Not sure what program is doing it but when I import my QT into FCP and put it on the time line my audio is shifted. I have checked for drop/non drop frame issues and have not come up with why my audio shifts. The audio is fin at the begining of the cip but by the end is off by a few seconds. So, sounds like a drop frame issues, but how do I fix this and has anyone else seen anything like this and know the solution???
Hey steve,

we are all have the same issue, the only thing is if you are doing a long capture is to use stream-clip. we are waiting on the guys at clipwrap to do a update that will handle time code breaks.

Old October 2nd, 2008, 08:50 AM   #70
divergent media

Hey everyone... we've been hard at work trying to fix these sync issues. Yesterday we posted 1.0.2 which addresses all the sync issues we can recreate in house. If you still have clips that convert out of sync (or any other problems) the best thing to do is contact me directly so we can arrange a way to get us a copy of the problem files. With the files in house, these things tend to be an easy fix.

-mike

mike [at] divergentmedia [dot] com
Mike Woodworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2008, 05:47 AM   #71
Major Player

Anyone else have this problem?

Firstly, I think Mike's done a great job fixing the sync problems with the latest version.

I now have found a problem trying to send (from the FCP timeline) individual clips (converted with ClipWrap) to Soundtrack Pro for audio file editing. In both 24p and 25p. But I'm wondering whether it's simply a problem with my system and not a ClipWrap problem at all. There's no problem when I send natively captured (through FCP) HDV clips to Soundtrack Pro from the FCP timeline. But I'm not able to do it with a ClipWrap HDV clip. I simply get a "General Error" message.

Has anyone had success sending ClipWrap HDV clips from the timeline to Soundtrack Pro in 24p or 25p?
David Knaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2008, 06:10 PM   #72
Trustee

Hi I am in the UK and shoot everything in 1080i 50i and use clipwrap as my workflow from Z7 and S270 compact flash shooting into final cut studio 2. Tape is for back-up and has been useful when a couple of small problems have happened but clipwrap is working so good it may be obsolete or just to give to clients for safety.

I have to say that I have had two problems and Mike has fixed these within days so you can not wish for a better software development service. Bear in mind that I am in the UK and so far my final cut sony plug in has never worked since I got the Z7 6 months ago and sony still have no fix.

I used to work for AMS Neve as software support for AudioFile and Logic (DFC) consoles so I know what it is like at the front end of new software development.

This software is now working great on version 1.0.2 and all my final edits are exported via OMF 2 to pro tools LE with dv toolkit 2 for dubbing and I have no problems with any audio.

I dont tend to use soundtrack pro as it is full of bugs and doesnt have the pro dubbing features that pro tools has so sorry I cant advise on that but if it is going from CF m2t to QT .mov to OMF .aiff and then to AIFF out of pro tools as a master mix then I am sure that Mikes software is working fine. All cross fades and level adjustments are going across Ok too from CF to FCP to PT LE.

I then drop the master mix AIFF onto the final cut timeline and it is sync perfect every time. The master picture and sound is then exported from FCP ST2 as pro res 422 1080i 25p.

Thanks to Mike for a great piece of software that is making my workflow a dream to work with, we are shooting so fast now for our IPTV station that I have total confidence in our workflow from camera all the way to pro res delivery.

Hope to meet you someday Mike and keep up the good work.

Gary

P.S Could this be added to the Z7/S270 section as a sticky as there are a few more people who cant use the sony log and transfer plug in.
Old October 17th, 2008, 07:32 AM   #73
Regular Crew

Would anyone care to comment about the noise which we've identified as present in all audio capture with the DR hard drive when recording to QT? Does capture to m2t as opposed to QT .mov eliminate this noise (which is NOT present on ProHD tapes!) If some, I'd assume we are going to purchase this product! (if we don't return the hard drive!)
John-Paul Bonadonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2008, 06:08 PM   #74
Major Player

It's sick how fast this ClipWrap program is. I'm working on a project a friend of mine shot on his FS with JVC HD100, and I was using streamclip... this is way cool. Thanks guys.
Philip Gioja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2008, 06:25 PM   #75
Major Player

One thing that might be a nice feature down the road would be to be able to set multiple destination points for imported clips. We have a ton of footage in several folders and it'd be nice to be able to send batches to different folders - similar to the way compressor does it. Not critical but just a thought.
Philip Gioja is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems