Anton Bauer UL2 light - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old August 21st, 2008, 07:27 PM   #16
Trustee

Anton bauer used to keep a spare in the gold mount itself. I actually changed one on the job while a wedding was going on.
Randy Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2008, 07:32 PM   #17
Major Player

So, I got the fuse and I think I took the gold mount off. I can't though figure out where the heck the fuse I need to replace is. I followed the red wire from the power tap down and I don't see anything the resembles a fuse holder. I've been all over the Anton Bauer site, but can't find a photo of it. Any ideas?

And thank you again for all the help you have given me.
Jason McCormy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2008, 08:02 PM   #18
Major Player

Well, I have been all over the adapter, even took off the small screws to get to the circutry behind the other plate (very carefully) and nothing. I assume there has to be one in there, am I blind?
Old August 21st, 2008, 08:05 PM   #19
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Andrada View Post
Don,

I have the softbox on mine and you're right, it does attach in the two screw holes - but there are also the two tabs and as Greg said, if you spread them very slightly you should be able to swing up the housing with glass, softbox, etc all attached and the lamp will drop out in yout hand.Hopefully after it has cooled down ;<)

It's kind of non-obvious how to get it to swing up until you've done it a couple of times.
What Jim says. I also have the softbox mounted on front with the two screws. The tabs spread, and the head flips open. Takes all of ten seconds to switch lamps. I keep a 25 in it and a 50 watt handy for extra punch with the soft box swung open.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2008, 08:16 PM   #20
Major Player

Here is a bad photo of my adapter, with the red wire leading from the powertap on the right.
Attached Thumbnails
Anton Bauer UL2 light-pho.jpg  
Old August 21st, 2008, 10:25 PM   #21
Regular Crew

Jason the fuse is inside the black tube at the top left of the photo. It's inside that protective cover
Old August 21st, 2008, 10:57 PM   #22
Major Player

Ok, thank you. How do I get that off? It doesn't budge any way that I move it.

Thank you very much for helping.
Old August 21st, 2008, 11:04 PM   #23
Regular Crew

the tube isn't attached. Just lift it out with a small screwdriver. and the cover slides off.
Old August 21st, 2008, 11:31 PM   #24
Major Player

Ahhhh... I feel like an idiot. Hmm. Well, I got it off, thank you all very much.

Hmm.

It is a smaller size fuse than the one I bought at radioshack, and it doesn't seem to be broken in anyway, but I suppose I can't really tell.

Everyone, thank you, thank you, thank you.
Old August 22nd, 2008, 05:55 AM   #25
Regular Crew

Just to be sure, if you have a continunity tester, you can test to see if the fuse is popped or not. If you don't have on, maybe the floks at Radio shack can check it for you before you pull it
Old August 23rd, 2008, 03:45 PM   #26
Major Player

I have it fixed! Thank you for all your help.

Once I finally figured out how to simply lift the fuse case up, I realized it was a much smaller fuse than the 7A that I had purchased to replace it. After going to every store, including 4 automotive, in town that carried fuses like this, I couldn't find one that size. I contacted Anton Bauer and they said that if I'm only using a 25 watt bulb, I could get away with the 6.3A fuse that RadioShack had in stock.

I am up and running now. Thank you all again, your help has been fantastic!
Jason McCormy is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems