WHat is the LUX on JVC 201EB camera at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old September 11th, 2008, 06:43 PM   #1
Major Player

WHat is the LUX on JVC 201EB camera

I have a friend who is tell me the low LUX on the camera is 1.5lux but i think it is 3lux who is correct

Rob
Robert Bec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2008, 03:34 AM   #2
Major Player

I don't think 'lux' is a good measure of a cameras sensitivity. It's a more appropriate measure for a lamps output.

Having said that, you could both be right since the cameras sensitivity will change depending on the chosen gamma set-up and frame rate.

What can be said is the HD*** series aren't the greatest low-light performers. But then you can't have everything...
Old September 14th, 2008, 03:56 AM   #3
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Bec View Post
I have a friend who is tell me the low LUX on the camera is 1.5lux but i think it is 3lux who is correct

Rob
If I remember correctly I think the official base rating using default settings is ƒ8 @ 2000 lux (0 dB gain.)
I've never been able to get my head around lux and instead think in terms of footcandle readings and ISO/ASA ratings. IMHO the ProHD cameras would rate at around 200 ASA in default settings at 0dB gain. However the apparent sensitivity can be adjusted drastically in the DSP allowing you to rate it as high as 640ASA.
Old September 15th, 2008, 10:04 PM   #4
Trustee

at 24P, think its closer to 320. then again, it totally depends on how you have your gamma, gamma type, black stretch / compress, ped, and hilight clipping set to. gamma is probably the most important setting and I tend to run it at min or max depending on the shot, once in a while in the middle,but that tends to be a bit bland.
Steve Oakley is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems