DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   Cheap imitation batteries (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/134912-cheap-imitation-batteries.html)

Jason McCormy September 29th, 2008 07:47 AM

Cheap imitation batteries

Has anyone tried this Dionic 90 replacement?

Battery for Anton Bauer Dionic 90 JVC D-9 GY-HD110U New - eBay (item 280265623975 end time Oct-10-08 05:26:51 PDT)

Scott Keyworth October 1st, 2008 04:23 PM

This is NOT a Dionic replacment

It will not charge on an A/B charger. How can it replace an Dionic??

Jason McCormy October 1st, 2008 06:24 PM

Good point. I suppose I should stay clear of them. Along with all these cheap maxwell tapes I've kept with the dog treats in the garage.

Bleah.

Thank you for the response.

Corey Williams October 2nd, 2008 08:46 AM

I just bought one as a back up battery and I was able to charge it with my anton bauer titan charger. i bought it because a friend of mine has been using those batteries for the past 3 years. He also uses the titan charger and he only uses those batteries. he hasn't had any issues with them at all, except for one is begining to lose it's charge.

Jason McCormy October 2nd, 2008 09:37 AM

I was just looking at the battery and it seems to be setup to work on the Anton Bauer charger. Hmm. Is there any danger to the camera? For the same price as the cheap one, I can buy a used Pro Pac. Which is better? Anyone have any comments?

Werner Wesp October 2nd, 2008 10:17 AM

Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't... You can't be certain. And sometimes the working units stop working. Some charge on other brand chargers, some don't. Not really reliable.
Dirt cheap by comparison, so you get 3 batteries for the price of 1 regular battery. And with any luck, 1 out of those 3 works, so it's the same but different...

QC isn't the same for companies that got no brand name to protect of course...

Jason McCormy October 2nd, 2008 11:24 AM

Hmm. Interesting. I think I will just go for a lightly used pro pack. My boss only allows one battery out at a time for weekend play.

Steve Oakley October 4th, 2008 12:18 AM

you get what you pay for...

cheap lith ion batteries can potentially go up in flames quite litterally if their built in charge circuit fails.

OTH I went with a PAG charger. charges anything because it ignores the built in charge circuts. all it cares about is how many cells are in the pak. it automatically figures it out and charges them correctly. I've been using a pair of 65W NiMH battereis that were recelled for 1/2 the price of new A/B 50W cells. so far, very good. I get 4 hrs of runtime which is plenty. I also have a 13V 5lb NiCad brick as backup. I got it from ebay. it was supposed to be dead, and I was planning to use it as an adapter to feed 12V to the camera. but I thru it on the charger, it charged right up, and I've been using it for 3 years. cost was $20 :)