DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   Need help color settings (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/135083-need-help-color-settings.html)

Robert Bale October 2nd, 2008 01:18 AM

Need help color settings

Hello There People,

I have a HD201 Camera, upgraded for a HD101, i was so happy with the color settings i had on it, now that i have upgraded, i am so unhappy with the camera, i am temped to sell it and go get a A1 Canon, i used one the other day and was very happy the image it was sharp and i was very impressed with the colors. So this is my question, i film wedding mostly and have tried most of the color settings posted on this board, i find that some are to rich in color, some are bad in low light, and some are bad, so as a last plea has any one got or worked out a good all round color setting i can try. What i need is a good color contrast, and skin tone , mine always look to pink, i would like a natural color.
I have a copy of Tim's DVD watched it over and over. Still no matter what i try i cant get it to look good,
i would go as to say my 2nd camera Sony FX1 looks better. Is there a difference to Pal and NTSC color settings, would that be making a difference.

Is there a way to clear all the setting in the camera and do a clean factory reset.

This also is a problem is the bright lights and sun on peoples heads,

any help would be good.

This is my current settings,
Master Black = -1
Detail= -6
V/H Balance=2
H Freq = MIDDLE
V Freq=LOW
Skin Detail= OFF

Black=STRECH
Streach Leavel=4
Compress=1
White Clip=108%
KNEE=Auto

Cinema=OFF
Color Matrix=STD
Adjust=
R GAIN=3
R ROTATION=-3
G GAIN=NORMAL
G ROTATION=NORMAL
B GAIN=4
B ROTATION =3

GAMMA=CIMEMA
LEAVEL= -1

COLOR GAIN = 1

Rob.

Jon Enkel October 2nd, 2008 01:52 AM

Need help colour settings

Our camera fell fromthe top of the legs recently. Smashed the 18x lens beyond repair.
Sent the camera back to JVC to be looked over. (It's fine, just loose lens mount ring screws!!)
After the service engineer reprimanded me for using my own 'Paulo' based tweeks, he reset back to 'factory' settings.
The subsequent quality of the imagery the camera produces is superb, none of the issues you suggest in your post.
The 251 does have a menu re-set function, I used it before sending the camera back to JVC!
This is no way a critisism of Paulos' work with colour settings, it's just that as a 'run and gun' merchant, they are a bit too esoteric for me and my customers!
Hope this helps Robert!

Robert Bale October 4th, 2008 07:23 PM

hey any chance of some help (may be tim)

Tim Dashwood October 4th, 2008 08:40 PM

Is your intent to capture the finished look in the camera and directly burn to DVD without any colour correction?

The 200 series cameras have more image controls than the 100 series so whatever you had on the 100 can be matched.

Robert Bale October 5th, 2008 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Dashwood (Post 947023)
Is your intent to capture the finished look in the camera and directly burn to DVD without any colour correction?

The 200 series cameras have more image controls than the 100 series so whatever you had on the 100 can be matched.

Hi Tim,
( I love the camera when the settings are correct)

I am want to try and get back to something that looks good, that i do not have to do to much work in post. So yes the finished look in the camera would be good, the problem i have is when i'm shooting the skin colors look good, but when i dump the footage into FCP the footage some times look to have a tint of green, or sometimes to much pink. As i mainly film weddings, do you have any idea on what the setting i should change. The reason for trying to get the footage looking good in the camera is , i am waiting for the MR-HD100 to be released ( any idea) so i can use that to capture so i can do a same day edit.
Hope this helps. rob.

David Scattergood October 6th, 2008 02:30 AM

Quote:

...i am waiting for the MR-HD100 to be released ( any idea) so i can use that to capture so i can do a same day edit.
Hope this helps. rob.
Nice piece of kit Robert - wonder if that can be used on the HD100 cam (doesn't mention it on the JVC site).

Robert Bale October 6th, 2008 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Scattergood (Post 947374)
Nice piece of kit Robert - wonder if that can be used on the HD100 cam (doesn't mention it on the JVC site).

have a look at tims post about it
http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/jvc-pro-h...e-logging.html