DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   JVC HD 250U and Hard Drive Storage (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/135316-jvc-hd-250u-hard-drive-storage.html)

Ronald Wilk October 6th, 2008 09:21 AM

JVC HD 250U and Hard Drive Storage

Hello:

I have been away from this forum for quite some time and may have missed an answer to my question but here it is anyway:
With the ultimate demise of the Firestore manufacturer, are there any alternative (camera mountable) direct to disc (tapeless) recording options available for the aforementioned camera?

Thank you in advance,
Ron

Ted Ramasola October 6th, 2008 11:04 AM

I think they are still selling this product on their webstore. And B&H still sell the firestore.

Ronald Wilk October 6th, 2008 11:52 AM

Firestore

Yes, I understand that they are still selling the drives and apparently servicing them as well, however, if they are going chapter whatever, I would be hard pressed to buy a device that will not be supported in the future. On the other hand, it they are going out of business and do indeed represent the only direct to disk option for the JVC cameras, I wonder what JVC has planned to fill the gap?

Drew Cusick October 6th, 2008 02:31 PM

I am eagerly awaiting the release of these:

Sony Product Detail Page - HVRMRC1K

Robert Bale October 6th, 2008 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew Cusick (Post 947626)
I am eagerly awaiting the release of these:

Sony Product Detail Page - HVRMRC1K

OK will this work on the JVC HD 200s ????

Drew Cusick October 6th, 2008 07:34 PM

Unknown so far to me. I have not heard anything so far saying it would not work. But I do know that it works with cameras other than just Sony. It will work on Canon's line of cameras for sure.

Ronald Wilk October 7th, 2008 05:17 PM

Sony device

Sounds interesting and I too will anxiously await it release but in the interim have sent a query to Sony in regards to HD 250 compatibility.

Ronald Wilk October 13th, 2008 07:50 PM

Sony recorder

Just thought that I would mention that Sony never replied to my query ... probably too busy to respond to a small production company.

Drew Cusick October 13th, 2008 07:57 PM

Ive been hearing the end of October as a release date. Don't know any specifics though.

Rob Stowell October 14th, 2008 03:55 PM

Until we see something explicitly stating it will, somehow I suspect it won't work with hdv1 camcorders, alas. (Or is the canon hdv1?)
But.... since jvc and sony seem to have a licencing deal on the sysex card back, who knows? Maybe they could get together on a cf card option as well.
That, or a similar jvc- or third-party- unit, would be terrific. Will watch with great interest... thanks.

Joseph A. Benoit October 14th, 2008 04:57 PM

Firestore

Hello
is Focus enchanment /firestore going out business
don't they have a new hard drive comming out the FOCUS 5.
I hope not i have one if something goes wrong who will fix it?

Joe

David Allen Smith October 15th, 2008 09:28 PM

JVC Unveils MR-HD100 Camera Mounted Portable Hard Disk Drive Media Recorder with Wi-F

JVC Unveils MR-HD100 Camera Mounted Portable Hard Disk Drive Media Recorder with Wi-Fi and Metadata Capabilities

EventDV.net: JVC Unveils MR-HD100 Camera Mounted Portable Hard Disk Drive Media Recorder with Wi-Fi and Metadata Capabilities

Ronald Wilk October 19th, 2008 11:09 AM

Mrhd100

Hello:

Thank you for the link, however, a review of prior posts seems to suggest that the aforementioned drive is made by the same people who produce the Firestore and therein lies the problem.

Brian Standing October 24th, 2008 01:06 PM

Where are you getting your information that Focus Enhancements, Inc. is in trouble? Nothing about this on the Focus Enhancements site, nor in the Industry Announcements forum here at DV Info.

Got a link? Or is this just an idle rumor?

Shaun Roemich October 24th, 2008 01:37 PM

Reasonably well documented

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/focus-enh...ancements.html