5605 Tape Defective Error JVC GY-hd200 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old October 11th, 2008, 11:09 AM   #1
Regular Crew

5605 Tape Defective Error JVC GY-hd200

I just got my JVC 200 back from service due to a firewire port defect....(being quite savvy technically and working with cables and servers I did make sure that the port was plugged in corrrectly)...

Anyhow after I got the camera back...It worked fine on the first assignment I had after the repair...Now Its another problem....whenever I insert a new tape..it says "5605 tape is defective"...I eject the tape and put it back in there and it works fine......After the error goes away....I record for a while...shut down the camera properly and then turn it back on.....Doing so gives me the same stupid error....I eject the tape and little bit of the tape is hanging out (if this makes sense).

I ruled out that the batch of tapes I purchased are not defective because i tried the same tapes in another JVC camera (jvc 5100) and they worked fine...The mini DV tapes are made by TDK...I also tried a tape made from SONY just to go the extra step...same thing....5100 works fine...200 craps!!

Any ideas...
Akbar Ukani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2008, 02:56 AM   #2
Inner Circle

The repair process for the firewire may have introduced a fault in the tape transport. So soon after repair work done, I would be inclined to take it back, especially if they have done a service and an alignment on it as well as one might expect. Your invoice should show if this happened.

The repairmen don't go out of their way to make trouble for you so don't be too hard on them. Also the fault coming so soon after repair may just be coincidence.
Bob Hart is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems