JVC GY-HD100 and Blackmagic Intesity Pro at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old November 2nd, 2008, 07:38 PM   #1
Major Player

JVC GY-HD100 and Blackmagic Intesity Pro

I am thinking about buying the card, mostly for my monitor. However I am not sure if I can also capture in ProRes through component connection from my GY-HD 100. so is the extra 100 bucks worth it?
Robert Rogoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2008, 08:20 PM   #2
Major Player

It can capture component at ProRes. But you won't have time code using the camera as your source.
Justin Ferar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2008, 10:40 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Does this card capture as good if not better than DV firewire capture when used through component out? Or just if the camera does not record to tape first. I ask because the firewire port on my HD100 is shot, of course. I have converted analog out before (composite-usb) and it seems to give the footage a more pleasing look for music videos and docs. Thanks
Edward Tomecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2008, 01:20 PM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Tomecko View Post
Does this card capture as good if not better than DV firewire capture when used through component out? Or just if the camera does not record to tape first. I ask because the firewire port on my HD100 is shot, of course. I have converted analog out before (composite-usb) and it seems to give the footage a more pleasing look for music videos and docs. Thanks
That's a pretty subjective question...

A live capture via component (skipping the HDV compression to tape) would be superior to capturing to tape - if that is what you are asking. In fact, it would be far superior if using Pro Res or something similar.
Old November 3rd, 2008, 06:33 PM   #5
Regular Crew

That's precisely what I am asking. What would be a good solution to do this on a PC? Intensity card with what software? BTW Great wedding work Justin! Edward
Edward Tomecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2008, 10:51 PM   #6
Major Player

I'm a Mac guy but I know Intensity Pro works with Vegas and Premiere on the PC.

Thanks for the props Edward! I wish I could show more of the uber high end weddings on the website but the higher you go the less you can show! Privacy issues you know.
Old November 4th, 2008, 10:34 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Great! I use Vegas. Again, I have done analog transfers (from tape) through composite to dv-avi with HD footage and it gives a more pleasing, filmic look. People really like the look. I am planning on upgrading my workstation including an Intensity Pro card. Just getting user feedback along the way. Keep up the great work Justin. E
Edward Tomecko is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems