DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   Used Jvc questions (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/137257-used-jvc-questions.html)

Ian Planchon November 5th, 2008 05:28 PM

Used Jvc questions

dont know if this would be the right spot, but I will start here.

how much do you think an HD100, IDX battery package, wideanlge convertor, tripod plate, and IDX X3 light could net me? I am thinking of moving up in the world, and need to know how much I can start with. the heads are brand new, but the camera is 3 years old. firewire is new, and lens has been rebuilt.

I just had an epic battle with my camera in low light, and am now mad at it, hahaha, so its time to move on!

Christopher Glavan November 5th, 2008 11:20 PM

The part about the lens being rebuilt makes me nervous. You would do well to budget another stock fujinon lens or, if you can afford it, a 13x or 17x. I think the places that still carry the HD100 have them for under 3k new. I haven't found anyplace that has an IDX package, but the Endura E-7S will give you more than 2 hours run time on the HD100 for a couple hundred bucks on B&H. Adorama carries the Cavision 0.6x w/a converter for the HD100. It's $239. Depending on your tripod, you really shouldn't need a tripod plate. Any head that's going to support the 8 1/2 lbs of camera will likely have a quick-release plate. My tripod was $200 on ebay and came with two qr plates (but if you can spend a grand on a tripod do it- I'm just cheap). The IDX X3 is $339 on B&H. I highly recommend B&H. HIGHLY. Please for god sakes if you're going to crawl the web for the best deals on camera equipment check the dealer with resellerratings.com and don't buy from anyone that doesn't have a rating of at LEAST 6.5. You'll save yourself a lot of headaches.

Note: All of this info was gathered from www.google.com

Hope that helps!

Ian Planchon November 6th, 2008 08:18 AM

hahah, sorry, I meant, I have the HD100, and am mad at it, and thats the package I have. I was thinking for everything, about 3k.

but wasnt sure.

as far as the lens, it broke a gear ring, internally, and fujinon took it all apart, and replaced everything, now its basically brand new.

Edward Tomecko November 6th, 2008 08:54 AM

Hey Chris, How well does that iMac G5 1.9gHz work for video editing with your hd100? Thanks Edward

Christopher Glavan November 7th, 2008 05:19 AM

@ Ian: if all that equipment is used, I would say 3k is reasonable. I am interested in moving up from the stock jvc batteries for the hd100 and would be interested in purchasing your idx pack. Lemme know what price you decide on.

@Edward: Even with the ram maxed out, my iMac has a hard time handling things like ram previews in after effects. I can preview sd footage in fcp for about 10 seconds before it starts getting choppy and impossible to work with. I can't even get Mocha to track video without crashing. I swear sometimes it's a wonder I get any work done at all! Are you looking to offload a mac pro or somethin'?

=)

Edward Tomecko November 7th, 2008 10:08 PM

Chris, I use Vegas on souped up Dell, but was wondering how well your system worked. Thanks for the info!

Matt Lehman November 22nd, 2008 10:00 AM

Used JVC GY-HD100u bought from eBay - what next?

I just bought a kit off of eBay with the following all for $2700.00
JVC GY-HD100u
IDX battery kit and mount
Rain cover
Hardcase and softbag
Less than 40 hours on drum and fan

So, now that I've purchased this what should be my next step (besides the obvious)?
Insurance
Get it a preventative maintenance from a JVC certified tech? (might include the below already)
Have the lenses professionally cleaned?
Have the CCDs cleaned?
Get it calibrated?
Etc...etc...

I'm just searching for some advice from someone that has been dealing with these cameras for a while.

Thank you!

Brian Luce November 22nd, 2008 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Lehman (Post 967414)
I just bought a kit off of eBay with the following all for $2700.00
JVC GY-HD100u
IDX battery kit and mount
Rain cover
Hardcase and softbag
Less than 40 hours on drum and fan

So, now that I've purchased this what should be my next step (besides the obvious)?
Insurance
Get it a preventative maintenance from a JVC certified tech? (might include the below already)
Have the lenses professionally cleaned?
Have the CCDs cleaned?
Get it calibrated?
Etc...etc...

I'm just searching for some advice from someone that has been dealing with these cameras for a while.

Thank you!

Go out and shoot a bunch of footage in different situations and see how the footage looks.
Looke for dropout, split screen, dead pixels, gremlins.