Any firewire port issues using HD recorders on JVC HD's at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old November 20th, 2008, 09:08 AM   #1
Trustee

Any firewire port issues using HD recorders on JVC HD's

Hi guys

Just wondering whether there are any blown firewire port issues using HD recorders on the JVC HD range. The firwire port being so tempermental with capturing to the computer, are there any issues with using HD recorders?

Cheers
Mat
Mat Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2008, 09:45 AM   #2
Wrangler

The same rules apply. Turn off the power before connecting the firewire cable.
Old November 20th, 2008, 09:55 AM   #3
Trustee

hhhmmmm....Now while I trust myself to remember to do this everytime I sit down to capture footage. Messing around while shooting and moving gear around all the time sounds very dodgy to me!
Mat Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2008, 10:19 AM   #4
Major Player

I hang my FE DTE permenantly on a bracket mounted on my IDX battery system, so it nevercomes off. Just makesure you are powered down when connecting to your computer and disconnection. I never got a straight answer as to if the computer port was live until activated or not. I think it is unpowered till activation, but I treat it like it's always powered.

I wouldn't use any DTE (especially 6pin) without some bracket mounting to the camera. I've heard of to many issues with hanging the drive off your belt.

Only problem I ever had was overheating in 118'f (in the shade). Camera and myself were in the sun. Awfull day. Good thing I always run tape as well for just such situations
Alex Humphrey is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems