JVC ka551U adapter plate at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old November 24th, 2008, 09:30 PM   #1
Regular Crew

JVC ka551U adapter plate

I have just found a couple of used JVC adapter plates for $99 each, but they dont have the v-mount that connects to the camera. Is it possible to purchase the v-mount? One more thing, have a look please, is this what I am looking for??Cavision Rods System Plate for JVC / Sony ENG Sorry new to all this.
Jason Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2008, 03:05 AM   #2
Regular Crew

I don't think so Jason. If what you are looking for is the quick lock plate to fit between a 200 series and your tripod head then you need the industry standard JVC ka551U or possibly a used Sony broadcast camera plate - they are the same thing and a bit expensive.
Stuart Nimmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2008, 08:07 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Staurt, I have found a JVC plate, but its missing the mount that slides into the plate, locking it (the camera) into place (the piece that stays mounted to the bottom of the cam) thanks.
Old November 25th, 2008, 09:14 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Location: Vancouver, British Columbia (formerly Winnipeg, Manitoba) Canada
The locking V-Mount that goes to the front of the camera. I have an extra one that I might be willing to sell. E-mail me through my profile, if you're interested.
Old November 25th, 2008, 12:22 PM   #5
Regular Crew

I looked up used betacam parts on ebay and found one. I got a box of stuff for $12 and it included the v-mount. Had to drill holes in it so it would line up with the plate. The plate was a sony plate also.
Corey Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2008, 05:08 PM   #6
Regular Crew

If you have a GY-HD 100 it may well not have the plate parts, you need a front plate and a back locking plate. On my GY-HD 201E this is fixed to the bottom of the back output/ power unit. I guess you haven't got that? if this is the case Jason, don't try to use just a front V plate, you could do real damage to the camera chassis. Take good advice from someone who knows the 100 series well.
Stuart Nimmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2008, 10:59 PM   #7
Major Player

i used my old sony plate as well... works great!
Carlos Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2008, 08:26 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun Roemich View Post
The locking V-Mount that goes to the front of the camera. I have an extra one that I might be willing to sell. E-mail me through my profile, if you're interested.
thanks Shaun, I may take you up on that.
Old November 28th, 2008, 08:29 PM   #9
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart Nimmo View Post
If you have a GY-HD 100 it may well not have the plate parts, you need a front plate and a back locking plate. On my GY-HD 201E this is fixed to the bottom of the back output/ power unit. I guess you haven't got that? if this is the case Jason, don't try to use just a front V plate, you could do real damage to the camera chassis. Take good advice from someone who knows the 100 series well.
I am confused Stuart. I dont have any sort of rear locking plate, maybe just on the 200??

How do you put quotes from 2 different people on same post? Having troubles with that.
Old November 28th, 2008, 09:42 PM   #10
Regular Crew

The 100 series don't have the locking mechanism on the back. Follow the link below and go to the second page. You will see pics of how I approached that problem.

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/jvc-pro-h...getting-2.html
Corey Williams is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems