Multi-cam setup at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old November 30th, 2008, 06:28 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Multi-cam setup

I want to use my HD 250 camera in a multi-cam setup. using the ccu and the 26pin cables
know thats the easy part. what I need is a way to use it with out the studio adaptor. I have 3 on tripods with the studio adaptor and I need one to be hand held. I have a 4th ccu and cable but no way to get it to the ccu. my switcher is a component switcher. I would like to do my control from the switcher for all 4 cameras tally/intcom ect. Any sugestions will be greatly appreciated
John Thomason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2008, 05:56 PM   #2
Regular Crew

So you want to use your fourth 250 handheld without the studio adapter? I think you're in luck, I am pretty sure JVC came out with a handheld version for the 250? Also, I just purchased the handheld controller for about $500 from Full Compass. I'm still working out the kinks, but I was hoping to get some long 7-pin S-video cable and use it to control the Iris of the 250. It allows you to also white balance, and a few other tweaks. The controller has the buttons for zoom/focus control, but I don't think they work with the 250's?

Chuck
Chuck Pullen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems