JVC GY-HD250 & DR-HD100 Quicktime Playback - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old January 15th, 2009, 02:16 PM   #16
New Boot

And the answer is...

NO.
If you are a WINDOWS USER, you will not be able to playback the HD Quicktime files captured on the DR-HD100

WHY?
Because in order to playback the HD Quicktime files you MUST be on a MAC with the latest version of QUICKTIME installed AND Final Cut Pro!

Reason?
Nobody seems to know why. Apparently when on a Mac, you mix one part; Quicktime, with one part FCP; at about 65 degrees or room temperature, and you get HD Quicktime playback.

There's no recipe for Windows yet.

In conclusion, thanks everyone for their input on this thread, I apparently was talking to a newbie or moron from FE. My bad for that.

So, to all my Windows users out there; You must record to the Native JVC file format (.M2T) and then convert or whatever from there.

It sucks, I know.
Good luck!
Jeff Paduchowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2009, 11:55 PM   #17
Tourist

JVC GY-HD250 and the DR-HD100

You have to have FCP. The Quicktime Codec incorporated into the program opens up your ability to play the DR-HD100 quicktime files on your Mac. This is the only way you can play the files recorded on the hard drive. Once installed you should not have any problems. Until you do you will only become frustrated. Do not bother buying the Quicktime pro program as it does not have the Codec you need and it is only supported in the latest versions and updated versions of FCP
Michael Welch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2009, 05:21 PM   #18
Major Player

Guys defo record record .m2t and re-wrap with clipwrap it's awesome software and the only hassle free way. It's just been updated as well (see my other thread). It's also incredibly fast. Good luck.

G
Greg Corke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2010, 07:24 AM   #19
New Boot

Hi Guys,

sorry for my bad english.

I´had trouble with Quicktime HD recorded by Firstore DR-HD100. I´ve forgotten to switch it back to M2TS, make a shoot, transfer it to my Windows PC and then...nothing.

No way to get these Files into my Vegas Pro 9 or other NLE.

I used some Pro Applications and become only Error Messages.

Then, i used SUPER

SUPER &copy

put these file into the queue list select TS (M2TS) as output container, Audio as mp2, highest bitrate and then encode...and now i get the files in M2TS MPEG2-TS.

You don´t need am MAC or FCP to play it out. If you only view some footage then use VLC by Videolan, he comes also with the right codec to play some Quicktime HD 720P/25/50/30/60.

I hope my solution is a part of your idea´s! :-)
Thomas Klausnitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2010, 03:29 PM   #20
Regular Crew

On your Mac go the main hard drive, open the Library folder, then the Quicktime, in the Quicktime folder you should have an "AppleHDVCodec.component".
Phil Balsdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2010, 01:46 AM   #21
New Boot

solution

hi guys,

these app convert the quicktime files for your NLE or winPC.

It´s a Freeware. Go on Hauptseite - www.mik-digital.de and choose "Programme" and then download MP4toMPG. It works great, easy and its for free.

thomas
Thomas Klausnitz is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems