DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   Wide Angle Adapter for Fujinon Th17x5BRMU (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/141271-wide-angle-adapter-fujinon-th17x5brmu.html)

Jeff Paduchowski January 9th, 2009 07:35 PM

Wide Angle Adapter for Fujinon Th17x5BRMU

Hey Guys,

I have a Fujinon 17x5.0 lens on my JVC GY-HD250. I am looking for a wide angle adapter but can't seem to find one. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thank you!

Corey Williams January 9th, 2009 09:43 PM

check here

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/jvc-pro-h...-adaptors.html

Jeff Paduchowski January 10th, 2009 02:26 PM

Thanks man, didn't know the difference between 'adapters' and 'converters,' that part was helpful.

So let me rephrase my question; Does anyone know where I could find a wide angle converter for my 17x5.0 lens? I would like to be able to zoom through.

Thanks!

Jack Walker January 10th, 2009 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Paduchowski (Post 992719)
Thanks man, didn't know the difference between 'adapters' and 'converters,' that part was helpful.

So let me rephrase my question; Does anyone know where I could find a wide angle converter for my 17x5.0 lens? I would like to be able to zoom through.

Thanks!

The most reasonable option is the JVC .8x converter that scriews directly into the lens:
JVC | 0.82x Zoom Through Wide Angle Converter Lens | WCV82SC

Cavision makes a .6x converter, but the quality is not the same as you get with the .8x converters from JVC and Century:
Cavision | PWC06X72JHD100 0.6x Industrial Wide | PWC06X72JHD100

Here are the products available from Century. They do not screw into the threads on the JVC lens; they attach with a clamp. The prices here are list and are less expensive when purchased from DvInfo.Net sponsors. This products are high quality:
JVC GY-HD250U, 200U,110U & 100U with a 16:1 Fujinon Lens - Schneider Optics

Jeff Paduchowski January 10th, 2009 05:55 PM

So I'm guessing this means what will work on a 16x5.5 will work on a 17x5.
Thanks!

Jack Walker January 10th, 2009 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Paduchowski (Post 992805)
Thanks!

I don't know. I believe it should be fine. Perhaps someone who has actually put the two together will respond.

Craig Yanagi January 11th, 2009 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Paduchowski (Post 992805)
Thanks!

Just to clarify, the WCV82SC can only be attached to the Fujinon 16x lens and will not attach to the other Fujinon lens offerings.

Jack Walker January 11th, 2009 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig Yanagi (Post 993220)
Just to clarify, the WCV82SC can only be attached to the Fujinon 16x lens and will not attach to the other Fujinon lens offerings.

Therefore, it would same the best option for the 17x lens would be to call Century Optics. They will tell you if they have tested their .8x converter on that lens.

I know that the Century .7x/.5x adapter is used on many different lens, so it should work, but not with zoom capabilities. Again, a call to Century should clarify things regarding Century products.

(I am surprised no one with ther 17x lens has responded. Maybe calling JVC technical support would tell you if JVC has any options. There are none listed on their accessories page. Out of curiosity, has anyone ever tried the JVC converter on the 17x lens? What happens?)

Here are the Century phone numbers. I have always called the Van Nuys office:
http://www.schneideroptics.com/contact/contact.htm

Sean Adair January 12th, 2009 02:24 PM

I have a century non-zoom rig that was modified to fit on the 17x. It's really only a special - at full wide I have some vignetting, and it's got barrel distortion. Still useful sometimes.

Although the 16x and 17x have the same thread diameter on the filter ring, they look totally different. The 17x fills the space with glass right to the edge. The 16x has a much smaller element deeply recessed behind the ring. This is why the 16x dedicated unit doesn't work.

Ryan Avery January 15th, 2009 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Paduchowski (Post 992327)
Hey Guys,

I have a Fujinon 17x5.0 lens on my JVC GY-HD250. I am looking for a wide angle adapter but can't seem to find one. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thank you!

Jeff,

As Jack has suggested, give us a call here at Schneider/Century.

To everyone else, we offer many different Century broadcast adapters. We offer several adapters that do the same thing because each lens has different optical properties. We have adapters for most lenses on the market. If you have a Century broadcast adapter that has soft edges or vignetting, that means you have the wrong adapter for your lens or your lens is too wide for an adapter to cover.

Ryan Avery
Schneider Optics