DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   HD100 Split screen..In all of my work! HELP! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/142698-hd100-split-screen-all-my-work-help.html)

Steven Houser January 29th, 2009 08:48 PM

HD100 Split screen..In all of my work! HELP!

Hey guys, Have we figured out how to stop the split screeen on the JVC HD100 UA yet?

I have looked at alot of post but didnt find an answer..

I love this camera alot dont want to give it up...But all of my work I see split screen at some point...I am planning to shoot for film out I hate to think what the blow up will look like with split screen in mojority of my footage!

HELP HELP! S.O.S

here is my latest clip..
TEST WORK on Vimeo

Brian Luce January 30th, 2009 03:50 AM

The only real solution is getting it serviced. It needs calibration if you're getting it in different types of scenes.

John Vincent January 30th, 2009 03:19 PM

Do you have the "A" upgrade?

Even if you do, it can appear. Warming the camera up and pouring light onto your set only real way to keep it at bay. Also, try turning off the camera, waiting a second, then turn it on and re-white balance.

There is one positive - the spit will stay constant in any one shot, so you can fix it in after effects...

john

Steven Houser January 30th, 2009 05:07 PM

Yes, it has the A upgrade.

How can you fix it in after effects? this might help me use some of the footage I have now with split screen..

Thanks,

Mark Silva February 2nd, 2009 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven Houser (Post 1004145)
How can you fix it in after effects? this might help me use some of the footage I have now with split screen..

Thanks,

contrast brightness adjustments with a mask on one side should do it.

Ryan Cavalline February 8th, 2009 08:38 AM

split screen

Hello... I have a JVC GY-HD110 and I love the camer except for the split screen issue. I noticed it when there is poor lighting most of the time. Is there anyway to fix this. I tried re-booting the system and that takes care of any dropped pixels but, the split screen is still there. Any advice??? I love the camera and would hate to give it up but, I Have thought about getting rid of it and upgrading to the JVC 200 which I haven't heard any issues about split screens.

Any words of wisdom would be great.

Thank you,
Ryan

Steven Houser February 9th, 2009 12:07 PM

How can I get my HD100UA serviced

I cannot get rid of the split screen problem so I want to send it for repair!

I called (800)582-5825
For service it tells me to call (800) 252 5722
Then it tells me to call (800) 252 5722
Then it tells me to call (800) 252 5722Then it tells me to call (800) 252 5722Then it tells me to call (800) 252 5722

I am stuck in a loop! I cannot figure out how to contact JVC for the repair..I did get an address but without speaking to someone I dont want to send my HD-100 to a factory with a note in it!

Any help would be greatly appriciated..
-Thx

Ryan Cavalline February 13th, 2009 07:18 PM

split screen

I'm pretty much lost for what to do... I'm just going to finish up my current project and then see about selling the camera or trading it in on the 200 that is now out. It sucks to get screwed like this...

Any advice from anyone???

Alex Pineyro February 18th, 2009 01:06 PM

Quick newbie question: Does this problem affect every camera of this model? I ask because I want to buy one, but reading this I want to wait.

What is exactly the "split screen" problem?

Thanks

Alex

Jim Andrada February 18th, 2009 05:44 PM

As I recall, in an attempt to minimize heat buildup , the right and left half of each sensor each has its own data path, so each half is read out separately on each cycle, and the two halves are then put together in memory.

If the two halves are not 100% correctly calibrated, (or for other reasons someone smarter than me may remember) particularly in low light situations, there may be a visible difference between the images from each half. Shouldn't be, but sometimes is.

I thought this was more of an issue with the 100 than with the 110. I've never seen it on my 110.

Above is my recollection but may not be 100% correct.

Alex Humphrey February 18th, 2009 06:34 PM

You should post a couple frame grabs so we can see. My HD110 gets it if the camera is NOT warmed up enough yet. That is on a dark environement with the Gain above 12, usually around max. The AGC or ALC what ever it is, (I'm at work and my camera isn't with me) usually balances out everything in those horrible lighting news crew environment. But at Gain of +9 or below, you should NEVER see any split screen. If you do, it needs to be calibrated by JVC. But give the camera a good 5 minutes preferably 10 minutes to warm up and balance before you shoot dark scenes with lots of gain.

The only good thing about the split screen is that it doesn't move, so you can fix it in post without too much effort.

Alex Humphrey February 18th, 2009 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Pineyro (Post 1014063)
Quick newbie question: Does this problem affect every camera of this model? I ask because I want to buy one, but reading this I want to wait.

What is exactly the "split screen" problem?

Thanks

Alex

Alex, the split screen means visually what you see, (if you use too much gain on a dark environment, and your camera hasn't warmed up, or if something is indeed wrong and need calibrated) is one side of the screen will be slightly different brightness/contrast than the other side. Right down the center. If the camera is warmed up and you are at +12 gain or less, you should never see it. I rarely go over +6 gain because of noise. If it's something awfull lighting I put my bottom gain on the ALC (or was it AGC?) and the camera does other things happen besides just gain, and everything comes out ok. Hopefully Steven will post his split screen problem so you can see it, then we can guess what the issue is. But basically turn camera on 5 minutes or 10 minutes before you shoot in a DARK shot with no lights that you are planning on using +12 or more gain. But if it's that dark you are doing news or you should have brought lights.

Alex Pineyro February 20th, 2009 11:14 AM

Thanks guys. I think IŽll wait for a 200 instead.

Cheers!